Hellwig Rear Sway Bars? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 04-28-2004, 07:58 PM
JTquint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hellwig Rear Sway Bars?

Has anyone added the 1 -1/8" rear sway bars from Hellwig? If so, did it improve your cornering? What about your ride quality? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Mazz
Been HEMIphied

Not yet, but I have one on order. It is supposed to be here within ten days. Once I get it installed, I'm sure I'll post my observations.

'04 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi® / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper HT+ (Summers) / Factory Alloys with 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (Winters) / PowerSlots & Hawks / GE Nighthawks™ / Bilsteins® / Mag-Hytek Differential Cover / Westin Ovals / Mopar® Wheel Well Liners / BedRug® / Bed Xtender® / EZ Down® / LoRider Lid / Hot-Wired Bel Pro RX65 / Infinity w/ 6-Disc In-Dash Changer / Infinity Reference Speakers / XM / SRT-10 A-Pillar w/ Trans Temp Gage / 17769 DynoMax / '03 Hemi® Tailpipe w/ Mopar® 4" Chrome Tip / aFe High Breather / =JET=STREAM=> / Superchips FlashPaq / Taylor Shorties
/\__/\
(\'..'/) This is Woofy. Copy and paste Woofy to your
(")_(") signature to help him keep world domination.
#3 Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM
JTquint

(Thread Starter)
Hey BH, If you don't mind...., Where did you order yours and how much incl. delivery.
#4 Old 04-29-2004, 09:18 PM
jlhram
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!

Got one on my 03 Quad cab hemi, Made a big difference in cornering, especially the on ramps around Dallas and FortWorth. Use to have to slow up or the back end would try to come around, seems like it holds the road a lot better. I'm sure my ride will be better when I replace the factory shocks.....Hope this helps..........Jim

#5 Old 04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Mazz
Been HEMIphied

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTquint
Hey BH, If you don't mind...., Where did you order yours and how much incl. delivery.
I ordered it at http://www.summitracing.com. Cost was around $164. I'm pretty certain the shipping is free, but -- there's a handling fee of around $8 or so. That's still the cheapest price I could find. I most always order my stuff from them anyway. Summit is a very customer oriented business, and they have always been cost competitive.

I ordered HEL-7651. Right now, they are on back order.

'04 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi® / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper HT+ (Summers) / Factory Alloys with 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (Winters) / PowerSlots & Hawks / GE Nighthawks™ / Bilsteins® / Mag-Hytek Differential Cover / Westin Ovals / Mopar® Wheel Well Liners / BedRug® / Bed Xtender® / EZ Down® / LoRider Lid / Hot-Wired Bel Pro RX65 / Infinity w/ 6-Disc In-Dash Changer / Infinity Reference Speakers / XM / SRT-10 A-Pillar w/ Trans Temp Gage / 17769 DynoMax / '03 Hemi® Tailpipe w/ Mopar® 4" Chrome Tip / aFe High Breather / =JET=STREAM=> / Superchips FlashPaq / Taylor Shorties
/\__/\
(\'..'/) This is Woofy. Copy and paste Woofy to your
(")_(") signature to help him keep world domination.
#6 Old 04-29-2004, 11:19 PM
JTquint

(Thread Starter)
Thanks B.H....,I'll check Summit out. Are you running stock shocks? I just changed mine out. I've put in Monroe Reflex's. It's posted a little further down in the column about shocks. They ride much better and lean much less than stock.
#7 Old 06-05-2004, 09:59 AM
JTquint

(Thread Starter)
Just tried to install the Hellwig 7625 rear anti-sway bars as listed for a 2002 QC with a 2" drop....., wrong part number (application) from both Hellwig and Truckperformance.com. I hate when that happens!

Hey, jlhram & Mazz, did you have to drill into the boxed frame to install the tie rod ends? How do they mount? If you have any Pics, I'd appreciate it. I'm starting to get discouraged regarding this project. Thanks.
#8 Old 06-06-2004, 11:32 AM
jlhram
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!

No drilling on mine, had a plate that mounted to the frame. And brackets that mounted to around the rear end....Will try to get a few good pics for you.

#9 Old 06-06-2004, 11:44 AM
jlhram
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!

Try this link it's a lot better than what I could put together......Hope this helps.

http://hemitruckclub.com/hellwig.htm

#10 Old 06-07-2004, 09:04 AM
JTquint

(Thread Starter)
Great post jlhram..., I see that you have the GF shackles.., I've got the DJM's for a 1.5" drop...., Did you have to relocate the spare tire too? Thanks again.
#11 Old 06-07-2004, 11:13 AM
jlhram
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!

No I did not have to relocate the spare, I just loosened it up and centered it up when I tightened it. The left arm rubs the tire slightly if you turn left and go up a steep incline at the same time, but other than that it's fine.....good luck

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.