Hellwig Rear Sway Bars? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - Sport Truck Talk

Closed Thread

JTquint

Hellwig Rear Sway Bars? - Posted: 04-28-2004, 06:58 PM
City: Miami
State: FL
Post #1

Has anyone added the 1 -1/8" rear sway bars from Hellwig? If so, did it improve your cornering? What about your ride quality? Thanks,
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mazz

Posted: 04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
Been HEMIphied
State: IA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Not yet, but I have one on order. It is supposed to be here within ten days. Once I get it installed, I'm sure I'll post my observations.
'04 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi® / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper HT+ (Summers) / Factory Alloys with 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (Winters) / PowerSlots & Hawks / GE Nighthawks™ / Bilsteins® / Mag-Hytek Differential Cover / Westin Ovals / Mopar® Wheel Well Liners / BedRug® / Bed Xtender® / EZ Down® / LoRider Lid / Hot-Wired Bel Pro RX65 / Infinity w/ 6-Disc In-Dash Changer / Infinity Reference Speakers / XM / SRT-10 A-Pillar w/ Trans Temp Gage / 17769 DynoMax / '03 Hemi® Tailpipe w/ Mopar® 4" Chrome Tip / aFe High Breather / =JET=STREAM=> / Superchips FlashPaq / Taylor Shorties
/\__/\
(\'..'/) This is Woofy. Copy and paste Woofy to your
(")_(") signature to help him keep world domination.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

JTquint

Posted: 04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Post #3

Hey BH, If you don't mind...., Where did you order yours and how much incl. delivery.

jlhram

Posted: 04-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
City: Roanoke,TX
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip
Post #4

Got one on my 03 Quad cab hemi, Made a big difference in cornering, especially the on ramps around Dallas and FortWorth. Use to have to slow up or the back end would try to come around, seems like it holds the road a lot better. I'm sure my ride will be better when I replace the factory shocks.....Hope this helps..........Jim

Mazz

Posted: 04-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Been HEMIphied
State: IA
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTquint
Hey BH, If you don't mind...., Where did you order yours and how much incl. delivery.
I ordered it at http://www.summitracing.com. Cost was around $164. I'm pretty certain the shipping is free, but -- there's a handling fee of around $8 or so. That's still the cheapest price I could find. I most always order my stuff from them anyway. Summit is a very customer oriented business, and they have always been cost competitive.

I ordered HEL-7651. Right now, they are on back order.
'04 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi® / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper HT+ (Summers) / Factory Alloys with 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (Winters) / PowerSlots & Hawks / GE Nighthawks™ / Bilsteins® / Mag-Hytek Differential Cover / Westin Ovals / Mopar® Wheel Well Liners / BedRug® / Bed Xtender® / EZ Down® / LoRider Lid / Hot-Wired Bel Pro RX65 / Infinity w/ 6-Disc In-Dash Changer / Infinity Reference Speakers / XM / SRT-10 A-Pillar w/ Trans Temp Gage / 17769 DynoMax / '03 Hemi® Tailpipe w/ Mopar® 4" Chrome Tip / aFe High Breather / =JET=STREAM=> / Superchips FlashPaq / Taylor Shorties
/\__/\
(\'..'/) This is Woofy. Copy and paste Woofy to your
(")_(") signature to help him keep world domination.

JTquint

Posted: 04-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Post #6

Thanks B.H....,I'll check Summit out. Are you running stock shocks? I just changed mine out. I've put in Monroe Reflex's. It's posted a little further down in the column about shocks. They ride much better and lean much less than stock.

JTquint

Posted: 06-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Just tried to install the Hellwig 7625 rear anti-sway bars as listed for a 2002 QC with a 2" drop....., wrong part number (application) from both Hellwig and Truckperformance.com. I hate when that happens!

Hey, jlhram & Mazz, did you have to drill into the boxed frame to install the tie rod ends? How do they mount? If you have any Pics, I'd appreciate it. I'm starting to get discouraged regarding this project. Thanks.

jlhram

Posted: 06-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
Post #8

No drilling on mine, had a plate that mounted to the frame. And brackets that mounted to around the rear end....Will try to get a few good pics for you.

jlhram

Posted: 06-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
Post #9

Try this link it's a lot better than what I could put together......Hope this helps.

http://hemitruckclub.com/hellwig.htm

JTquint

Posted: 06-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Post #10

Great post jlhram..., I see that you have the GF shackles.., I've got the DJM's for a 1.5" drop...., Did you have to relocate the spare tire too? Thanks again.

jlhram

Posted: 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
Post #11

No I did not have to relocate the spare, I just loosened it up and centered it up when I tightened it. The left arm rubs the tire slightly if you turn left and go up a steep incline at the same time, but other than that it's fine.....good luck

Closed Thread