5.9 missing (running rough) when cold? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 AM
graphicmovement

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
5.9 missing (running rough) when cold?

I have 2002 1500 with 5.9 85,000 miles. It was previously missing when cold about 3 months ago, and a buddy of mine (dodge tech) suggested I go through the ignition system, so I replaced plug, wires, rotor and cap (all mopar parts). It ran great for 3 months, now I am back to missing from start up for about 5 minutes, then it runs fine. Another note Dodge replaced my long block under warranty (rod knock), I wonder if there is a connection?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
desync0
Gear Jammer

make sure all the plug wire a firmly pushed on to the plugs (i had one come loose and it would intermitantly miss at idle)

And did you route all the spark plug wires according to the tsb?
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm

2002 Flame Red QC 4x2 Sport With a 360! Sold
Red truck club member #251
2011 Wrangler Trading ASAP I miss my truck!
#3 Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
graphicmovement

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, I will check the wires to see that they are fully engaged, dodge did the install of the wires and plugs, so I hope they did it correctly, but I will double check that also.

Thanks again!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.