How do i fix code: "P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage" - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

Rocco1005

How do i fix code: "P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage" - Posted: 12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Post #1

I was pulling into my driveway when all of the sudden the truck sputtered then died and then i could get it started again but it seemed like gas wasnt getting to where it needed to go, the throttle would just rev and sputter then die again.

I read some on this code and it could be either the "fuel sending unit" or "the fuel level sensor" i guess, it seems to me that it would be the sending unit right? If so, how would i go about fixing this?
Or could it be the fuel pump?

I can still start it but i think i can hear a high pitched alternator whine as well.

Please help, thanks.
kris
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rocco1005

Posted: 12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Post #2

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................someone... ......please.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

pyrokid

Posted: 12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
City: Toronto
State: ON
Post #3

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

When Monitored:
Ignition on and battery voltage above 10.4 volts.

Set Condition:
The fuel level sensor signal voltage at the PCM goes above the maximum acceptable value. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes
(N4) FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(N4) FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
(Z210) GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

OuttaCtrlHemi

Posted: 12-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Clinically Certified
City: Lewisville
State: TX
Post #4

Dumb question here...but if the fuel meter or fuel level sensor has gone south...could you be low on fuel and don't know it? Thus the truck stalling when you are trying to give it gas. Also I think if the fuel level is low you get that whine sound from the fuel pump in the tank because the pump is above the fuel level when low. Just a thought.

Current Mods,
20" Chrome Rims
Mopar Bedliner
Sliding Rear Window
Mopar Wheel Liners
Mopar Wheel Locks
SS Gibson CatBack
SRT-10 Hood
DeBadged
BellTech Rear Sway Bar w/ Heim adjustable links

Many more to come I am sure

Philosophy:

If it ain't broke...mod it until it is
Closed Thread