Panic Alarm Won't Stop - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

Narkoleptic

Panic Alarm Won't Stop - Posted: 12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
City: Clarkston, WA.
Post #1

Since I got the D a year ago, i noticed that if i lock the vehicle using the door lock and then try to open it up using the key FOB the panic alarm sounds, the only way it stops is if I keep locking it using the remote and after a few times it usually shuts off.
Well this morning I did it again, but this time trying to relock the door wouldn't shut off the HORN!!. I had to run inside and grab the tool box and disconnect the battery term.
So now i thought i would just reconnect the terminal lead and all would be fine....NOPE, as soon as i opened the door the horn went off again. I cant get the damn thing to stop!! Please help I cant find anything about this except that maybe the horn relay is bad. It may be of note that it got pretty cold last night around 10 degrees or so.
99' SLT 5.2L 4x4
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Narkoleptic

Posted: 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
City: Clarkston, WA.
Post #2

I could really use some help now. ok more information. I pulled the fuse for the auto door locks and the panic alarm is stopped, and that makes sence since the two are directly related, but now the D will not keep running, it starts every time but after 2 or 3 seconds it stops. the other thing is that i have the "Gate OPEN" dash light on. I have checked a little and it sounds like that may be the big problem.
Anyone know if you can disconnect that relay and get the damn thing to drive. or even hot wire it to think that the relay is making the proper connection?
Im at my wits end and its cold, so i cant spend more than 20 -30 minutes working on it with out my hands going numb. Please any help would be appreciated... if i cant get this thing running by tomorrow I wont be able to go to work and thats not a good thing.
Please HELP!!!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

!05RAM05!

Posted: 12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Previously Micash21
City: Asheville
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

It wont stay running because you have auto fuel shut off. One of the feautures of the EVS II system. Look under the dash and see if you can find a box labeled EVS II. There is something on the net that explains how to program the 4 switches that are inside that box. i have a manual on digits, but it is for a PT Cruiser and I havent checked to see if its all the same. Ill attach it at the end. If its your panic going off, then press the panic button twice really quick. Should turn it off. If its your alarm, the battery in the FOB could be dead.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf K6859682[1].pdf (400.5 KB, 8 views)

::GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN::2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB 4x4 Hemi Sport Black
5.5" Rough Country Lift, Dick Cepek DC2 20x9, 325/60R20 Nitto Terra Grappler's, Superchips 3865 - 91 Tune, Extang Tonneau Cover, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bosch Platinum 4 plugs, Magnaflow Y-Pipe, SI/DO Flowmaster Original 40 Series, Synthetic Everything, 7000K Headlights, Foglights and Hellas..

1998 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 Black
Hypertech 87 Tune, K&N Cold Air Intake, Bosch Platinum 4 plugs, Bosch 8.5mm Wires. Ported Throttle Body, SI/DO Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler, Headman Headers, 3" PA BL, 2" T/S Lift, 33x12.50R15 Firestone Destination M/T's, 15x8 Eagle Alloy Wheels.

BTC Member 211 - Steel Reserve
Closed Thread