2001 Dodge Durango TCCM - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 AM
MidMichTrans

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2001 Dodge Durango TCCM

Can anyone tell me where it it? A picture would be great. The picture I got from the dealer has an arrow pointing up. A bit less than descriptive. I have the book for it, and can't find anything about it.
If this has already been answered and you'd be kind enough to direct me to the thread it would be very much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
skebert
2005 SRT4

I hope this helps you out:

DESCRIPTION
The Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM)(Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM)) is a microprocessor-based assembly, controlling the 4X4 transfer case shift functions via the actuation of a shift motor and utilizing the feedback of a mode sensor assembly. Communication is via the PCI serial bus. Inputs include user selectable 4X4 modes that include AWD(NV244), 2WD(NV133 and NV233), 4HI, 4LO, and Neutral. The logic and driver circuitry is contained in a molded plastic housing with an embedded heat-sink and is located behind the center section of the lower instrument panel, to the right of the steering column.
Attached Images
File Type: gif TCCM.gif (30.2 KB, 54 views)

*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member #14*

2005 Neon SRT-4
#3 Old 02-20-2009, 09:27 PM
45romeo

TCCM photo.

Here is a photo of where the TCCM is located on an '01 Durango. It is the blue box behind the metal dash frame. Held in by 3 screws. No need to cut anything, just takes some patients to wiggle it out. Need to remove the lower base trim and ashtray which is still in place in this photo.

I had the same problem where the trasfer case quit responding, no lights on the switch and the switch did nothing. I was stuck in 4wd Hi. Took to the stealership and they wanted $445 for the part and a couple hundred to put it in. Found one for $75.00 delivered. Plugged it in and it works great.

I also found a 2000+ page manual in pdf format for a 2001 Dakota. Described in great detail how to remove the dash. Easy to do, just remove the screws and it "pops" off with a quick tug. search "2001dakotamanual.pdf" in google and you'll find the manual.

45Romeo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2055-comp.JPG (257.2 KB, 55 views)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.