Durango Door Unlock - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango - Interior/Exterior

Closed Thread

dagray1

Durango Door Unlock - Posted: 04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
State: MO
Post #1

I have a 99 Durango and when I got it, the doors would lock when I hit 15 mph and unlock when I stopped and turned off the key. I had to replace the PCM and now, after reprogramming according to the manual, they lock like they should but don't all unlock when I stop. There is nothing in the manual to cover this. I expect that there is some sort of undocumented call on this. Any help would be appreciated.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saint

Posted: 04-12-2004, 03:21 PM
USMC-Diesel Fixer
City: Camp Pendleton, Ca
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Mine don't unlock when I stop in my 01, and it's the same in every other Chrysler I've driven that has that feature. It's really only a problem with the rear doors because the fronts unlock when you pull the handle

Leaders are like Eagles, they don't flock, you find them one by one
One Mind, Any Weapon-Marine Corps Martial Arts Brown Belt Instructor
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Neil F.

Posted: 04-13-2004, 05:17 AM
City: Marlton, NJ
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

It's when you turn off the ingnition that they unlock. I changed my PCM and the it did not change on mine. Sorry I can't help with how to program it.
99 Durango 5.9, FT 4x4, IP stage III w/ K&N air hat, M1, MOPAR PCM, Fastman TB, 1.7 RR, JBA headers, Borla cat back, Martin Saine valve body, Hotchkis swaybars, Blistein shocks, lowered 2" Black Rhino Kenya wheels, 246. 7 RWHP, 319 TQ

coliseum

Posted: 04-13-2004, 05:44 AM
City: Dubai
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Mine also locks but does not unlock automatically!

D-Rango 2002 5.9L
Rancho 3" lift kit with Skid Plate
Garmin IQue 3600
Hypertech Power Programmer III
Hypertech 180 Thermostat
JBA Headers & EVOL Exhaust
K&N FIPK
StyleEyes Headlight covers
Altezza Tail Lights
Rancho RS9000 Shocks with Remote control
FASTMAN 52mm TB
Pioneer DVD System (front) Sony screens Back.

Webmaster www.dubai4x4.com

shadango

Posted: 04-13-2004, 07:04 AM
City: McKeesport, PA
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliseum
Mine also locks but does not unlock automatically!
My 2003 doesnt unlock either......My Explorer had this feature on the aftermarket alarm I used and it was nice at first...but in sitautions where you dont want to unlock all the doors it is a pain.....
'03 Durango SLT 4x4 -- K&N drop-in, door sill guards, brushed al. Rams head receiver plug, Garmin V GPS, front wheel well gap shields, EGR 3-piece painted hood shield and in-channel window visors, Mopar RAM Head mud flaps on rear, Mopar Deluxe Grill guard w/ 2 6" SS Daylighters, DeeZee Chrome Tail-light guards

B1G BLEU

Posted: 04-14-2004, 09:14 PM
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
City: W. Hempstead
State: NY
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #6

my boys hear the door unlock and they fly out. The new rule is when is say "OK, out"
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - Bully Pedals - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 29K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims
Wife's Ride : 2006 Grand Caravan SXT INFERNO RED
Work Ride : 2009 Grand Caravan C/V STONE WHITE
Daughter's Ride : 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude
Son's Ride : no job = no car
Closed Thread