DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stalls when put in to drive

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  B-300 
#1 ·
Ok here is the thing i have looked on the site and all i see is when it stalls in reverse, mine is fine into reverse, and into drive sometimes. When i back out of my driveway it will stall when i put it in drive but it doesn't do it all the time when i leave work it is fine anything that it could be. The truck is a 97 ss/t the tranny was redone not too long ago it has 181000 on it. it never stall any other time.:help:

#4 ·
does it feel like the tranny is stalling the engine ? if so try warming her up in neutral see if she stall's . could be tc drain back , stuck check ball .my .02

#5 ·
Mine stalled in reverse. Common theory was the torque converter. Though my tranny guy said he never saw one do it in reverse, only in drive. Mine was under warranty so he replaced tranny and converter so I never new which was the problem. Doesn't solve your problem but maybe it will help narrow it down.

#6 ·
it doesnt do it all the time it only does it when i was leaving the house no where else. the tranny was redone before i bought it so could it be a bad tranny. it doesnt jerk when it stalls the idle goes down and it stalls it is fine when i am driveing and when i leave work or anywhere else. i will take it to a shop and have the tranny checked.

#7 · (Edited)
Only From Your House, In The Morning After Sitting All Night And Doesn't Do It Rest Of Day . Try It , Warming Her Up In Neutral . It S Free Test . Could Be Bad Tq Coverter Or Preesure Sensor ,governor Pressure Solenoid . I removed the check ball in my line actually replaced the whole line cuz that little ball can stick and mess up the tranny and if i dont warm her up in neutral the tranny is sluggish and bogs the motor . . Iam Far From An Tranny Expert So Iam Sure One Will Be By To Chime In . :spin:

#11 ·
it starts up fine and runs fine it only does it sometimes dont matter if its cold or normal or anything just when i back up and put it in drive on the street i can turn around in the drive way and at work and it fine just when i back out on the street from the driveway it wierd

#12 ·
time to move!!!!!!!!!!!..........you could try sleeping at a friends house for a few nights.........see if the prob goes away.....................haha...........just kidding..............

#13 ·
when mine was doing similar things.. it ended up being the crankshaft sensor. replaced it and haven't had a problem yet

#14 ·
time to move!!!!!!!!!!!..........you could try sleeping at a friends house for a few nights.........see if the prob goes away.....................haha...........just kidding..............
well is it possable that a truck can not like a house because we moved a couple weeks ago and i have not had a problem since

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.