How to set clock on radio - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 2nd Gen (04 - 09) Forums > 2G Dodge Durango - Interior/Exterior

Closed Thread

my05durango

How to set clock on radio - Posted: 09-24-2008, 04:32 AM
State: AK
Post #1

I know this is a dumb question. But my husband and I have messed around with the radio trying to figure out how to set the clock on our Durango's radio. The instruction manual states to use the "time" button, but our radio doesn't have a "time" button on it. The picture shown in the owner's manual isn't the one we have in the Durango. We bought it used, it's an '05 Dodge Durango, Limited, without the Sirius radio, but does have navigation. It is the original radio, just not the one shown in the book. Anyone have any help? Thanks so much!

~M
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RAM MAN

Posted: 09-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Originating Member
City: Haslett
State: MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

welcome to the site

does your radio look like this one ?

we will help you figure it out !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fd4c_4.jpg (51.9 KB, 16 views)

leosinc

Posted: 09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
City: Carrollton
State: TX
Post #3

nope i think theirs is the nav unit style!! by the way when did you jump in my D to take that picture! lol !! give it a few my05durango someone will chime in and help you on this that has that style. better yet take a picture so we can see what you have
SILVER TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #168
MILITARY TRUCK CLUB MEMBER # 47
Hella's Behind the Grille Club - Member #23
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

sca

Posted: 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM
City: Streetsville, CANADA
State: ON
View This User's Timeslip
Post #4

Welcome to DT!

The Nav unit should set the time automatically!
You need to go into the settings menu to say GPS time or manual set time.
I have mine set to GPS...

my05durango

Here's a pic of my radio - Posted: 09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Post #5

Not sure if it matters, but we never did get the Nav. CD with the Durango. I tried to click into the Nav part, and pressed "set" but it wouldn't let me do anything.

Thank you~M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg durangoradio.JPG (677.3 KB, 4 views)

leosinc

Posted: 09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
City: Carrollton
State: TX
Post #6

i know with the radio ram man and myself have you turn the knob on the right to get to the right time and push to go to the hr or mins and then time again to set it... you try calling dealer to see if they can help you over the phone. dang what a dumb question to ask but hey never hurts to try them!
SILVER TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #168
MILITARY TRUCK CLUB MEMBER # 47
Hella's Behind the Grille Club - Member #23

RAM MAN

Posted: 09-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Originating Member
Post #7

this one is different than yours, but see if any of this info may apply to your situation:

http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/

meanwhile, I'll keep looking

DaveLeg

Posted: 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM
City: Pittsburgh
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by my05durango View Post
Not sure if it matters, but we never did get the Nav. CD with the Durango. I tried to click into the Nav part, and pressed "set" but it wouldn't let me do anything.

Thank you~M
I have the same one but with the Nav DVD, The clock is set by pressing NAV - then enter when prompted - CLOCK SETTING.

Or just unplug the head unit for an hour or so and plug it back in at exactly 12:00 AM

Ebay has NAV DVDs for sale.

my05durango

Thank you - Posted: 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Post #9

For all your help. I guess we'll look into buying the Nav cd for it. I appreciate all the help! LOL @ the unplugging it and plugging it back in @ 12...I did think about doing that...desperate times...call for desperate measures Thanks so much again everyone!

~M

RAM MAN

Posted: 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Originating Member
Post #10

keep us posted

sca

Posted: 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
City: Streetsville, CANADA
State: ON
View This User's Timeslip
Post #11

That is a problem! Make sure you get a OEM NAV DVD!

Closed Thread