Where is the ASD relay? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

RussNash

Where is the ASD relay? - Posted: 09-17-2008, 03:55 PM
State: MD
Post #1

Hi everyone! Just found this forum and this is my first post, thought it would be rude to not say "Hi" first

I have a 2006 1500 quad cab with the 4.7L v8, I've been trying to find the ASD relay but am totally confused. The service manual I have says that it is in the PDC next to the battery, however, all I can find in it are fuses. Removing the unit there are the expected wiring looms coming out of the bottom, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the ASD relay is located? Do I need to get into the insides of the PDC to get at it ... or am I being dumb?

Any help would be appreciated, this is confusing the heck out of me!

Russ.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RussNash

Posted: 09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Post #2

It seems that there are absolutely no relays housed in the PDC next to the battery on the 4.7L 06 & 07. Does anyone know where the relays were moved to in these trucks?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

RubberFrog

Posted: 09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
City: Vienna
State: VA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

That's a good question. On the older models there were a ton of relays in the PDC. I am assuming your using a manual for your year. Let's see what one of the electrical guru's havs to say.
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

RussNash

Posted: 09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Post #4

I have a copy of the "2006 Dodge Ram Truck Workshop Service Repair Manual" in pdf format. When looking up the ASD or other relays in the index, the page states that it is 'located in the PDC', however, the PDC in the diagram is always the bigger style as in the hemi. The PDC in my 4.7 is much smaller than the hemi's and only contains fuses.

The manual deals with 3.7, 4.7, 5.7 and diesel so I don't know why it won't differentiate? Maybe they changed the 4.7's PDC mid model year????

piper18

Posted: 09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Great View
City: Fond du Lac
State: WI
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussNash View Post
Hi everyone! Just found this forum and this is my first post, thought it would be rude to not say "Hi" first

I have a 2006 1500 quad cab with the 4.7L v8, I've been trying to find the ASD relay but am totally confused. The service manual I have says that it is in the PDC next to the battery, however, all I can find in it are fuses. Removing the unit there are the expected wiring looms coming out of the bottom, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the ASD relay is located? Do I need to get into the insides of the PDC to get at it ... or am I being dumb?

Any help would be appreciated, this is confusing the heck out of me!

Russ.
On the 06 and newer there are no relays, its all solid state

Member of the Red Truck Club #231

Switch installed in chime circuit to turn off chime Click to learn How To add a switch to the chime circuit
Installed MDS indicator light on dash ---Click to learn How To install a MDS light
Tools Box w/ lights inside tided to cargo light
Custom made deer guard 2" pipe
Sportsmaster Tonneau cover w/top gun fabric
Mopar rear wheel liners
Iron Cross stainless 3" step bars
Tailgate open indicator light
9005 fog light bulbs

RussNash

Posted: 09-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Post #6

Well that definitely explains it, thanks for the input!

Guess I'll need an add-a-circuit if I want to switch a relay on and off only with the engine running.

mopar314

Posted: 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Master FLiP'n P SRT-8 Ram
City: Moore, OK
State: OK
View This User's Garage
Post #7

Yep, thats correct! The PDC is now called the TIPM(Totally Integrated Power Module) for 2006 and up. And the TIPM is relay-less, with the modules Low and High side drivers doing all the work now. ("Don't mind that we have had more problems with the TIPM's than we seem to have with the PDC" <---- are my thoughts)

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Bright Silver Metallic#185 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT-4.7 Liter-Regular Cab-Short Bed 287 Enthusiast Member#314

20" Argent Aluminum Wheel / 3.92 LSD / AirRam Power Wire / AirRam Jet Stream Scoop / AERO Turbine AT3030XL Muffler
SRT-10 Hood / SRT-10 Push Button Start Switch & Trim Bezel / SRT-10 Accelerator Pedal / SRT-10 Quad Cab Brake Pedal Pad
"SRT" Grill Emblem / SRT-10 A-Pillar Pod Trim Panel Post / Aeroforce Technology Interceptor Scan Gauge (Blue Readout/Black Face/Silver Ring)
2" Drop Shackles / Mopar Rear Wheel Well Liners / Mopar Vent Visors / Line-X Bedliner - UnderRail

Closed Thread