How to adjust Emergency Brake? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

ShawnQ

How to adjust Emergency Brake? - Posted: 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM
City: Galveston - hometown SATX
State: TX
Post #1

Is there a way to adjust the Emergency Brake on an '01 1500?

The pedal goes all the way to the floor a lot easier than it should...which leads me to believe it either needs to be adjusted, or the rear brakes are gone. The rear brakes are fine, so I'm assuming I should be able to adjust the E-brake.

For the record, the previous owner replaced the cable that goes from the rear driver's brakes to underneath the drivers door. I'm not sure if he may have made the brake out of adjustment when doing so, or if it is just time to adjust it/replace it.

There is a threaded rod/nut mechanism underneath the driver's door that I believe I could tighten to get more pedal tension - is this the correct thing to do, or is it supposed to adjust automatically?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn
2011 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4x4, Deep Water Blue, Hemi, 3.92s, Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler, Tractor Supply toolbox (flush mount), Curt front end receiver hitch, Weathertech front/rear
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

tkirk

Posted: 08-31-2008, 07:30 AM
work in progress
City: ripley ohio
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

the threadded rod is your adjuster all you have to do is tighten it up and you are back in buisness
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

charlie1935

Posted: 08-31-2008, 09:34 AM
City: DuQuoin
State: IL
Post #3

Before adjusting the E-brake cable be sure that the brakes are adjusted.
SSBC slotted rotors
Tri wing tonneau cover
Ultra 50/51 16x10 wheels
265 70x16 Firestone Destination LE tires
3.55 rear
99-01 sport headlights with Silverstar bulbs
MSD coil
Fram Boost intake -Freebie. I won it
Edelbrock shocks
Yes, grandpas like toys too

87 D100 318 auto. stock

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

hrusso

Posted: 08-31-2008, 12:53 PM
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1935 View Post
Before adjusting the E-brake cable be sure that the brakes are adjusted.
I agree with charlie. Nevermind the feel, does the parking brake, not emergency brake hold ? Have the truck on level ground in neutral and try to push it.
Accel ignition kit
Mopar headers
Magna Flow 3 inch cat-back
Transgo shift kit
4.56 gears
Eaton E-Locker(front)
CP aluminum diff covers
35x12.50R17 on Moto Metal 6 Rims
Superlift 5inch with 4 link front(not radius arm)
Thuren front shock mounts
Fox 2.0 resevoir front, Fox Emulsion rear
Trailmaster steering stabilizer
D/T track bar
Kodiac sidewinder steps
Comp Cams roller #20-744-9
M-1 intake
Edelbrock Heads
Scorpion 1.7 rocker arms
24lb FMS injectors
Parts in box
Comp Cam
Edelbrock Intake

ShawnQ

Posted: 08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
City: Galveston - hometown SATX
State: TX
Post #5

The brake holds, but it goes to the floor when I press it, which is abnormal.

SQ
2011 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4x4, Deep Water Blue, Hemi, 3.92s, Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler, Tractor Supply toolbox (flush mount), Curt front end receiver hitch, Weathertech front/rear
Closed Thread