Vents Stuck in Defrost Mode! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

baringer3

Vents Stuck in Defrost Mode! - Posted: 06-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Post #1

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Van 2500. The AC and Heater both work but only blow out the defrost vents. I heard the vent door shut closed when it went bad so I think it's a vacum problem and not the switch on the dash. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

ragedracer1977

Posted: 06-04-2008, 01:04 AM
City: Phoenix
State: AZ
Post #2

check the sticky at the very top of this forum...

Current vehicles

2001 Ram 1500 5.9l 2WD
Stock, with work boxes.
(Hey ma, no cracked dash!!)

2002 Ram 1500 5.9l Sport 2WD
All stock
(of course, the dash crack curse skipped to my '02)

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

baringer3

Thumbs up Problem Solved! - Posted: 06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Post #3

The problem was: There's a vacuum hose under the hood on the passenger side that goes to a "T" connector, then goes down to a plastic cannister. That hose to the cannister popped off from vibration.
It was an easy fix, you just have to reach from underneath to get enough leverage to push the hose back on to the cannister.
Hope this helps the next person who wants their AC Vents back!
I solved this by reading several different post, this is a great Forum and a money saver. Thanks to all!

expensivehobby

Posted: 06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Post #4

I was also able to solve my similar problem because of this great forum. For me it was the check valves.
Closed Thread