05 4.7L lost oil pressure now low end knock - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Truck Engine Technical Forums Archive > 3.7L, 4.7L, 8.3L Tech

Closed Thread

powermn

05 4.7L lost oil pressure now low end knock - Posted: 04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
City: Hattiesburg
State: MS
Post #1

i have a 05 4.7L with 51,000 mikes and was driving at low speed and herd a slight knock and started to look and noticed check gauges light was on and saw no oil pressure and then shut it down...then started it back up and oil pressure was back up drove easy home and only was knock when i let off gas to stop and then when pulled in drive way it was idling and was a steady knock i shut it off and called dealer.......i have the 7 year warranty so hopefully its covered??????but has anyone else had this problem?????
Kenwood KVT - 719DVD flip out
MTX AMP/ MTX 10" 5500 series

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
No Mods yet still under warranty LOL
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

powermn

Posted: 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM
City: Hattiesburg
State: MS
Post #2

well it went bad with the dealer.....they are not going to cover it under the extended warranty....said i went to far in between oil changes one oil change was around 8K and one was 6K so they wont cover it.........service manager said going that long could spin the crank bearing and damage it........they wont even look at the truck and consider it and see how well i take care of it or even look at the oil in it now...the reason for the long oil change is because of the dealership is 100 miles from where i live.... so yes i have gone over it (shame on me) but dam...they are running synthetic oil....so i am screwed.....gonna cost me 3600.00 for another enginefrom them one with 20K on it......they will also extend my warranty as long as they service it every 3K miles.
Kenwood KVT - 719DVD flip out
MTX AMP/ MTX 10" 5500 series

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L
No Mods yet still under warranty LOL
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

torinophil

Posted: 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
State: GA
Post #3

Hello powermn,

Yes, I have a 2004 Dodge Ram with the 4.7 and I've had the same problem. I had to pull the oil pan and clean the oil pump strainer. This required replacing the oil pan gasket and windage tray assembly. Pretty easy fix. It only took about 1.5 hours total. The strainers on the 4.7 are very small and Dodge said I had gone to long between oil changes even though all my records show different. I run synthetic royal purple. I had a slight knock initially but when I pulled the pan I removed a couple of rod and main caps and no damage was present. I cleaned the oil pan thoroughly and the strainer, replaced the oil pan, gasket/windage tray and it cleared right up and the oil pressure is fine. I had a 2000 Ram that did the same thing but I changed the oil pump when I cleaned the strainer. I used a larger Chevy 350 strainer with my 2000 and never had another problem.

torinophil,

barry.h

Posted: 12-16-2008, 02:08 PM
State: NS
Post #4

barry.h
Had knock in mine when I bought it with 89000km had warrenty fought with dealer for all most a year warr. was just about out finly thay done the bottem end bearings turned the crank ? the noise was still there replaced pistion #7 noise still there put cam sprockets `Adj. tensioners all that STILL noise there at this time warr. was gone wont do anything for me after another year the noise went away along with all the cylinders on the left side rocker arms came off went under the cam drove the valves into the pistion.Very pissed with the dealer and Dodge in general thay make a nice truck but won`t stand behind it $3800.00 later should be back on the road Wed. I hope everything work better with this motor
Closed Thread