Coolant Bleeding - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

racefan

Coolant Bleeding - Posted: 04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
City: Kelso
State: WA
Post #1

I flushed the cooling system on my 01 4.7 today.My Haynes manual said to refill it, run the engine @ 3000 rpm for 10 seconds then top off coolant. I know your supposed to bleed the cooling system on a 4.7 but what's the correct procedure? I just turned the heater controls to high, ran it at an idle & cracked the bleeder screw open,but I did not feel any air or anything from the bleeder screw.(I accidentally posted on drive train talk first)
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Don Fox

Posted: 04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Racefan:

You are headed the right direction. I removed the bleed screw all together, and let the D idle while you continue to top off the level through the open filler neck. Make sure to manually run the rpms up a bit several times to help move the air out.

The process will take 20-30 minutes to complete. When you get nothing but pure coolant out of the bleed port, reinstall the screw and go for a short 1-2 mile drive.

You can also squeeze the top and bottom hose a bit during the process to get air out. Just be careful of the fan blades.

Don

05 Linen Gold Pearl Grand Caravan SXT
w/3.8L (hers) since 09/30/06
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread