1997 Dodge intrepid will not start - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Intrepid Talk > Dodge Intrepid 1st Gen (93 - 97)

Lestafur

Angry 1997 Dodge intrepid will not start - Posted: 03-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Ok I have a (or my daughter has) a 1997 Dodge Intrepid with the 3.3 engine. It wont start but, turns over very well. I have tried to get the codes buy turning the key on and off over and over. No codes. I have no spark, No power at the coil. don't know where to turn now. Please let me know something.
Thanks
les
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RT2NV

Posted: 03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Intrepid Madness!
City: Kelowna
State: BC
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

You should have codes of some kind showing up. It's sounds like it may be a cam or crank sensor.

Be sure you check for codes this way :

Cycle the ignition key to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON within 5 seconds.

Count the number of times the MIL (check engine light) on the instrument panel flashes on and off. The number of flashes represents the trouble code. There is a slight pause between the flashes representing the first and second digits of the code. Longer pauses separate the individual two digit trouble code.

An example of a flashed DTC is as follows:

Lamp flashes 4 times, pauses, and then flashes 6 more times. This indicates a DTC code of 46.

Lamp flashes 5 times, pauses, then flashes 5 more times. This indicates a DTC code of 55. A DTC of 55 will always be the last code to be displayed. This indicates the end of all.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Lestafur

Posted: 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Thanks,

I just had it towed to the dealer. Their computer will be able to tell me what is going on.