hood release cable broken under hood - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

lynette355

Question hood release cable broken under hood - Posted: 03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
City: comanche
State: TX
Post #1

Ok the hood release cable is broken. It is not the handle and if I try to pull on the cable with pliers then cable is coming from engine. I do not want to do that as I know I need to open hood before I try to change out cable. And I know how to change the cable (fishing line on one end, pull through and replace w/new cable, pull line and reattach). What I do not know is how to open the hood w/o the release cable working. I have the grill off of the front of the Durango so I can get to the release, but do not find any way of releasing it manually. Can anyone help me????
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

lynette355

Thumbs up fixed it - Posted: 03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Post #2

ok i finally found where to pull the release cable at and got the hood open. The Dodge house that fixed the radiator dismantled the release cable and did not reattach it. So now is all done. Thanks for the fourm.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

lynette355

done - Posted: 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Post #3

ok i finally found where to pull the release cable at and got the hood open. The Dodge house that fixed the radiator dismantled the release cable and did not reattach it. So now is all done. Thanks for the fourm.
Closed Thread