hazards/turn signal not working, please help - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 AM
bngu1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hazards/turn signal not working, please help

my friend got a 98 Ram and the hazards and turn signals stop working. when i press the emergency witch in the car, the green arrows on the gauge didn't light up or anything. i know there is a flasher on the driver's fuse box, and that flasher would click once that is it. i checked the fuse under the hood and it seem fine, i even switch that fuse with another 20 amp. can some one help me please, cause now he's driving around without turn signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Mark 99 Ram

i would go buy a flasher they are cheap and try that. If that is not it you probably have a bad multifunction switch.
#3 Old 02-17-2008, 03:24 PM
HOT01RAM

Yea I agree with Mark 99, it's probably your flasher, and thats certainly the first thing I would try....cheep fix!

2001 Ram 1500
Laramie SLT
5.2L V8

New engine installed August 2009. Never ran better!
Truck was stolen off of my driveway in October of 2009. It was found by the police torn to pieces, and insurance totaled her. I still miss her like crazy.

FRONT TO BACK FACELIFT by HURST COLLISION WORKS

~CAI~Gibson FreeFlow performance exhaust (passenger door exit)~Superchips Programmer~Stainless Steel Gague Panel~Panasonic Stereo System~GoodHood Functional Hood~Debadged~Black-Out Headlights~Smoked Taillights/3rd Brake Light (Color matched)~Silverstar Lighting~Carriage Works Bumper Grills~Pace Edwards Soft Cover~Cragar Soft black 17" wheels~Mickey Thompson 32" off road tires
#4 Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 PM
LA Hammer

Had the same problem with my 95, I replace the flasher unit in the fuse box.
#5 Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 PM
citygasdude

My flasher unit went out and it was 41 bucs at the dealer, the one they sell at the auto parts store was a heavyduty 5 blade unit but was too long and made my fuse panel door bulge out, they told me they couldnt order the short one so off to the dealer I went, I would have rather had the heavy duty one for 12 bucs if it would have fit.

Ben
Honorably discharged Veteran
US ARMY
99 2500 Ram Sport 4x4 Quad cab Intense blue 5.9
410's 265's Hypertech programer, K & N air filter
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.