EMS vs Dynatrac hub kits Which one? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

#1 Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Yellott Canby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
EMS vs Dynatrac hub kits Which one?

Hello, I am getting ready to put a free spin hub kit on my 05 2500 4wd. I was thinking of going with the EMS as it is much more affordable than the Dynatrac. I was wondering if anyone had any coments about which was better. Has anyone had any trouble with the EMS kit? Anyone have any pictures of what they look like on the truck.
Thanks for the help.
Yellott Canby
2005 2500 CTD 4wd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
STL HEMI

Both kit's are good. If you go ems do the 35 splin option. That is a standard item on the Dynatrac kit.
#3 Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 AM
VisionxOrb

dynatrack stubby kit otherwise those badboys will stick way out.

2006 dodge Mineral Gray Megacab 4x4 1500 w/ hemi
Rock Krawler/Thuren hybred 5.5" xfactor lift, Diamo 17 Karats 18x10 w/ 5"bs, Dick Cepek FCII 325/65r18

Pioneer avic-D3 w/ bluetooth, Ipod, Sirius and IR illuminated backup cam

Carli minileaf pack, thuren extended shackles, Defiant Steering sector shaft stabalizer, Thuen trackbar, Custom thuren 5.5" springs, Thuren shockmounts, FOA 2.5" custom valved shocks, Thuren Bumpstops.

MB quart QSC 3way comps, 2 TC Sounds TC2+ 10s in a Foxacoustics megacab box
#4 Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM
mrblond

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb
dynatrack stubby kit otherwise those badboys will stick way out.

what do you mean stubby kit? they have hubs that do not stick out too far?
#5 Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
STL HEMI

I don't think the stub hub kit is out yet. Thought that was only for the Jeep's.
#6 Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
VisionxOrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL HEMI
I don't think the stub hub kit is out yet. Thought that was only for the Jeep's.
they showed it a sema for the dodges saying that it should be out by now, but I dont know if they have released it yet or not.

As for the other question, yes the stub kit is short something like 2" shorter.

2006 dodge Mineral Gray Megacab 4x4 1500 w/ hemi
Rock Krawler/Thuren hybred 5.5" xfactor lift, Diamo 17 Karats 18x10 w/ 5"bs, Dick Cepek FCII 325/65r18

Pioneer avic-D3 w/ bluetooth, Ipod, Sirius and IR illuminated backup cam

Carli minileaf pack, thuren extended shackles, Defiant Steering sector shaft stabalizer, Thuen trackbar, Custom thuren 5.5" springs, Thuren shockmounts, FOA 2.5" custom valved shocks, Thuren Bumpstops.

MB quart QSC 3way comps, 2 TC Sounds TC2+ 10s in a Foxacoustics megacab box
#7 Old 02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
rjm022
rjm022

i have the dyna trac kit and i love them. don't forget to check out solid axles kit.
the stub hub kit by dyna trac has been listed in their catalog since last june- they have been saying for months it is coming out- but never does.

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart...?idCategory=17

2004.5 dodge ram quad cab 4x4, auto, ctd. 285 bfg ta/ko's. fender flares. line of fire. clear cab lights. led third brake light.s&b air intake. autometer ultra-lite fuel/oil pressure gauges.dual isspro tranny gauges.line-x.fass 95gph.bilstein shocks.donaldson muffler. edge juice/attitude. amsoil bmk-11 single bypass set up.front hitch with 12,000lb winch.
kc back up lights.bd cool down timer.pml tranny pan.
dyna-trac free spinning hub conversion kit. thuren track bar.
#8 Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Rooster1828
Rooster1828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm022
i have the dyna trac kit and i love them. don't forget to check out solid axles kit.
the stub hub kit by dyna trac has been listed in their catalog since last june- they have been saying for months it is coming out- but never does.

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart...?idCategory=17
rjm022,

I was just about to post a thread asking about the Dynatrac Free Spin kit when I stumbled onto this thread. Do you mind if I ask a few questions?

1. How much was the kit?
2. Was it worth it?
3. Did you notice a MPG increase?
4. Did you install it yourself or did you take it to a shop?
5. If you did install the kit yourself, was it difficult?

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I am seriously considering this kit for my Mega Cab. I like the Dynatrac kit due to their good reputation, but to be honest I was not aware that other companies made a kit for the Dodges. Thanks again.

06 Ram 1500 MegaCab 4X4

From the Factory:
5.7 HEMI
Silver
4.10's

Mods to Date:
Carli Suspension Starter System
Banks Monster Exhaust System
Leer 100XQ Cap
True Flow CAI
Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover filled with Amsoil Severe Gear
Clarion Audio
Solid Steel Industrial Manufacturing Ltd. Stabilizer
SRT-10 Pillar/Di-Pricol Trans Temp Gauge
Tailgate Easylift (worth its "weight" in gold)
Bully Locking Tailgate Handle
Cup-Smoothie cup holder from Geno's Garage

Gone but not forgotten:
04 Ram 2500 QC SWB 4X4
5.7 HEMI
Patriot Blue
KORE Pace system
Line-X
Banks Monster Exhaust
K&N CAI
Windecker Stabilizer
Clarion Pro Audio
Di-Pricol gauge in SRT-10 Pod
#9 Old 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
rjm022
rjm022

dyna-trac has a set price- will cost you the same-no matter what retailer you buy from- kit cost 1895.00
yes- it was worth it. no more drag on the front end (front axle not turning all the time) steering is better. picked up 1.5-2 mpg. less maintenance and cheaper maintenace. if a wheel bearing goes out now- it costs me 20.00 and about an hour of my time- instead replacing wheel hub assemblies at 250.00 a pop. me and a buddy installed the kit. i would guess about eight hours do to the job- reason i say that-i replaced my whole entire front end at the same time. ball joints, axle u-joints, steering shaft, sway bar end links, tie rods, sway bar bushings, trac bar, dss steering stabilizer brace, steering stabilizer, front shocks and front brakes.
some guys argue the kit is not worth the money-personal preference, i guess. you can get the fords with locking hubs from the factory and there is no reason that dodge should not offer it- it is just easier and cheaper for them to throw on hub assemblies on the assembly line. if you have any mechanical ability, the kit is not hard to install- just tedious- dyna trac has very good instructions!!

2004.5 dodge ram quad cab 4x4, auto, ctd. 285 bfg ta/ko's. fender flares. line of fire. clear cab lights. led third brake light.s&b air intake. autometer ultra-lite fuel/oil pressure gauges.dual isspro tranny gauges.line-x.fass 95gph.bilstein shocks.donaldson muffler. edge juice/attitude. amsoil bmk-11 single bypass set up.front hitch with 12,000lb winch.
#10 Old 02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Yellott Canby

(Thread Starter)
Dynatrac hubs

Hello , I was wondering if you had a picture of your truck witht the hubs on it?
Was curious as to what they look like on the truck.
Thanks, YC
#11 Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
rjm022
rjm022

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...d.php?t=178512

#12 Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Yellott Canby

(Thread Starter)
Hubs

Hello, Thanks for the picture. Thet don't look as if they stick out too far. I am looking forward to getting mine. Sure like the idea of all the front end parts not turning all the time.
Thanks again, YC
#13 Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
rjm022
rjm022

sorry the pic is not an close up shot- they do stick out, though-but not past the rim or tire. alot more pics, from other members over on the tdr site. ( do a search)

#14 Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM
ultimate ram

Do they work with stock wheels ?

SAW IT-WANTED IT-HAD A FIT-GOT IT

05' Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie Sport

Hemi-SuperChips-Vararam-Polished T/Body-Magnaflow Exhaust & Y Pipe-4.56's-315/70/Bfg KO's-Mopar/RB1 Navigation-Moon Roof-Power AMP Running boards-Hella's behind the Grill-Bushwacker O.E. Flares-Backup Camera & Sensors-Runel HD rear bumper-Jason topper W/Yakama roof rack-Firestone AirLift Bags-Super Springs-2.5" RevTec leveling kit-Rancho Lower Control Arms-Maxxis Sway bar Links-Radflow Steering Stabilizer-Defiant Track Bar-Defiant Steering Box Brace-Rancho 9000's-Helwig rear Sway Bar-Reese Titan 2.5" reciever hitch-Gripplin Billet door handles-E&G S/S wire mesh Grill-Mopar Billet Fuel door-Trans Temp gauge/srt pillar-HD Transmission Cooler-MagHyTec Front-Rear Diff Covers-Transmission Pan

#7 of the HORSE$HIT elite white truck club

#15 Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
rjm022
rjm022

yes- they work with the stock wheels

#16 Old 02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
THE FUZZ

A little info for you on the Stub Hubs for the dodge. Dynatrac wont have a Stub Hub for the dodge .".I believe". What they do have is the Dynalock hub thats about 1" shorter then the warn hub that come with the kit. So for some more $ you can get 1' shorter.
#17 Old 02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Yellott Canby

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the note. I was thinking of going with the EMS hub kit as it is a good bit less expensive. Have you heard of anything wrong with that one?
Thanks, YC
#18 Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
THE FUZZ

The EMS hub kit is cheaper but much harder to install and needs some fitment work in order to get it working. The dynatrac kit is much smoother.
#19 Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Yellott Canby

(Thread Starter)
EMS hub

Hello, I was wondering what kind of fitment work the EMS hub needed in order to work? Thanks, YC
#20 Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Jeff K

The EMS kit does not require any fitment to make it work...it just bolts right up...at least mine did.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.