04 Dodge Hemi cranks but no start NOT ALWAYS - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

mjbell92

04 Dodge Hemi cranks but no start NOT ALWAYS - Posted: 12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Post #1

I have an 04 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the 5.7 hemi. About 25% of the time the truck will crank and crank but will not start unless I depress the gas pedal some amount. It may spit and sputter when cranking or it will do nothing until I press on the gas pedal. I do not have to push it all the way down, just any amount tt make it start. Again, oother times it starts and runs perfect.

Recently changed plugs, fuel filtet, complete fuel system treatment, etc. I usually can smell gas so I don't think it is a fuel issue . But it would make sense that it is. Weather conditions play no factor either.

please help.........................

Mark
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RUSTY2785

Posted: 12-21-2007, 07:25 PM
City: Everglades City
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

my truck is an 04 and I was also having this problem. After readinga couple of threads I found the thred in the how to forum about cleaning the throttle bady and gave it a try. I did this about two weeks ago and since then I havent had the problem with the truck not starting since then and it idles a lot better also. I would give this a try and see if it works. Good luck trying to get your throttle body to look as clean as his.
-Cutout
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread