Snow Plow for 3rd gen Power Wagon? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 3G Ram Power Wagon Talk

packraftnm

Snow Plow for 3rd gen Power Wagon? - Posted: 12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
City: Tijeras, New Mexico
State: NM
Post #1

Does anybody know of a snowplow attachment that WILL fit the new PW's?
Dodge Power Wagon Owners Group #10 2006 Atlantic Blue PW#1657
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RedPW06

Posted: 12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Don't think you can cause of the Winch. I believe you would have to remove the Winch and your front springs aren't built to handle a extra 800lbs or so. Just my thoughts

Last edited by RedPW06 : 12-15-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Misspelling
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

packraftnm

Posted: 12-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Post #3

I am planning on getting a better bumper for this truck, hopefully I can figure it out. I can make some serious cash with my PW plowing driveways and pulling cars out after snowstorms. (And the ensuing muddy mess.)

CUL8R

Posted: 12-17-2007, 11:17 PM
City: Colorado Springs
State: CO
Post #4

I'd read your manual first. I think there was something in there that said snowplows were not to be used with the PW. One reason was the more flexable, lighter duty springs, but there was something else, too. It's been quite some time since I read it, but I seem to remember something about voiding your warranty if you attach/use a plow.

Jim
Blue Truck Club member #31

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Post #5

Man that sucks!

ldgregory

Posted: 12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Code Red
City: Albuquerque
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #6

I thought you already knew that. cul8r is correct, it specifically states in the PW manual not to put a snow plow on it. I thought you were going to go ahead and do it anyway. <grin>

2005 Dodge Power Wagon Power Wagon Owner's Club #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Post #7

Coming from a farming background, I probably just will do it anyways. Rules are for those other guys.

ldgregory

Posted: 12-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Code Red
Post #8

When you coming over so we can get some mods done on your truck?

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:

The_Bishop

Posted: 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
PW # 5851
City: New Jersey
State: NJ
Post #9

The snow plow restriction is due to the front springs. If you're going to run a heavy duty steel plow (like a fisher) you'll need to replace the front springs... Maybe with 2500 Hemi snow plow prep springs, and a spacer to get the height right.

ldgregory

Posted: 12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Code Red
Post #10

Goodbye articulation! <grin>

Next Mods:

The_Bishop

Posted: 12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
PW # 5851
Post #11

Yeah, everything is a tradeoff.

But with lockers you can lose some articulation and it's not that big of a deal.

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Post #12

As soon as I move to Edgewood I will be getting a snowplow regardless of all this "important stuff". There is a mint to be made there after snowstorms. I haven't built my house yet so there is still plent of time. :0

RichardKranium

Posted: 12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Post #13

A couple of manufacturers make a lightweight blade. Those shouldnt hamper the PW much.

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Post #14

Cool, the lightweight blade it is then!

ldgregory

Posted: 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Code Red
Post #15

Do buddies get a discount on snow removal? <grin>

Next Mods:

jmbones

Posted: 12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
City: SKOOK
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #16

If you use Meyer's (http://www.meyerproducts.com/) online seleciton tool, they have a plow listing for the 2005-06 Power Wagon. I just received a quote from a local dealer for the 7.5' ST EZ mount plow system with E58H power unit, saber headlights and all required hardware. $3585 +tax, uninstalled. Even though it is not recommended, they do make one for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meyer-pw-plow.jpg (197.9 KB, 10 views)

2008 Avenger R/T (Chrysler 100,000 mile club)

2013 Laramie Power Wagon
Nav - Rear ParkSense - Remote Start
Factory Spray In Bedliner - Rear Defrost
PM me for Winch Mob Decals

The_Bishop

Posted: 12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
PW # 5851
Post #17

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that you have to remove the hidden winch.

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgregory
Do buddies get a discount on snow removal? <grin>
Of course! (That is, uh... assuming you help me install it!)

Rgory

Posted: 12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
2006 PW Q/C #0026
State: IL
Post #19

Packraftnm,

The manual does state that its not reccomeneded, but it also says slide in campers arent recommended- and some on here have done it. Just as has been stated lose the winch and it should mount up, you may or may not want to change springs. I have talked to a couple of guys that are plowing with PW's and have begged them for pictures none yet. I do remember seeing one on autotrader for a long time it had a 8'6" fisher V-blade on it and it sagged something fierce. However I would venture to guess you may be ok with a 7'6" straight blade or maybe even a 8' footer. I myself have a mount sitting in my garage as a back-up plan if I ever need to "justify" the truck lol.

Best of luck,

Ryan

Power Wagon Owner's Club Member #5

MODS:
ICI Side Steps
REC Navigation
Factory U-connect
Factory VES
Factory Sattelite
EVSI Alarm
Mopar IPOD Integration
Mud Flaps
Wheel Well Liners

packraftnm

Posted: 12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Post #20

Ya, you're not supposed to winch your truck up a steep snowy roadless hill with a 4000 pound chipper attached to the truck either, but I still do it. I will be in the market for a lightweight snowplow in about a year. i can make some serious coin in the area I'm movin too.