Passenger side front parking light doesn't work - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

LoudRam

Passenger side front parking light doesn't work - Posted: 11-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Redneck Yankee
City: Williamstown
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Ok guys here's one for you.
My wife's '01 GC Sport's front parking light doesn't work. There is no power to the light. ALL exterior lights work including brake lights and turn signals (all four). It's just this one parking light. There is no power at the light socket or in the wire going in to the socket. All fuses are good. I know about the left side/right side fuses. They're fine. I switched out the parking light relay with the horn too. I'm going to try to trace out the wires. Does anyone know where that wire starts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Performance Mods:Hypertech Power Programmer III, TB: Fins cut, ported and polished Intake: Ported and polished, runners cut down 5/8", 180 T-stat, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 1002, Magnaflow high flow cat and 3"SI/2.5"DO exhaust w/ 3" polished stainless tips, Plenum repaired w/ Hughes kit
Appearance Mods: Eagle wheels 16x8, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75), Diamond Back headlights w/Silverstar lamps, Aluminum billet grill, Lund moonvisor, Black tube step bars, Bulldog keyless entry, Westin ultimate bull bar w/2 Baja 55w off road lights w/HID lamps

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Proud Member of the God Squad 1992

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LoudRam

Posted: 11-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Redneck Yankee
Post #2

Quick update....
I have the engine fuse box pulled. There are quite a few plugs going into the fuse box. If someone could tell me which one is for the lights, that would be great. Until then I guess I'll pull every plug and check every wire for continuity. I don't think getting a Haynes or Chiltons will help at this point, this is too in depth for those books. Thanks again guys.
Performance Mods:Hypertech Power Programmer III, TB: Fins cut, ported and polished Intake: Ported and polished, runners cut down 5/8", 180 T-stat, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 1002, Magnaflow high flow cat and 3"SI/2.5"DO exhaust w/ 3" polished stainless tips, Plenum repaired w/ Hughes kit
Appearance Mods: Eagle wheels 16x8, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's (285/75), Diamond Back headlights w/Silverstar lamps, Aluminum billet grill, Lund moonvisor, Black tube step bars, Bulldog keyless entry, Westin ultimate bull bar w/2 Baja 55w off road lights w/HID lamps

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

vipergg

park lamp - Posted: 11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
State: NY
Post #3

For the right side park lamp it looks like it is a wh/or wire that goes the fuse 3 in the IPM or if its the other side it looks like a wt/br wire going into the IPM to fuse #2 . Not sure if this is what you are asking or not .

LoudRam

Posted: 11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Redneck Yankee
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergg
For the right side park lamp it looks like it is a wh/or wire that goes the fuse 3 in the IPM or if its the other side it looks like a wt/br wire going into the IPM to fuse #2 . Not sure if this is what you are asking or not .
I found the fuse. And it is a wht/or wire at the light so we're on the right track. On the bottom of the IPM there is a bunch of wire harness connectors. Does your wiring diagram say which connector has that wire in it? Or maybe how many wires are in the connector so I can narrow it down a little? Thank you for your help.

donald7150

Posted: 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
State: OTHER
View This User's Garage
Post #5

The white/orange wire is in connector 1 pin 15

connector 1 is a 20 way green connector

the white/brown for the other side should be right next to it in pin 16

use the diagram below

Last edited by donald7150 : 05-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Rick99

Posted: 11-18-2007, 06:54 AM
City: NH
State: NH
Post #6

Make sure the ground at the light is good too (check for continuity to the body)-- you might not notice that if you just check for 12v between the two wires at the light.
Just got a new set of BFG All-Terrains
Planning retrofit to 4WABS

1999 Durango SLT+
4x4, 5.2l
Mods: B&M Supercooler, Ford OEM Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm, Heated Seats

01 T&C Limited 3.8l

LoudRam

Posted: 11-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Redneck Yankee
Post #7

Thanks Donald. That connector diagram is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the advice Rick. When I checked it I was going to a screw in the frame but I'm going to check continuity with ground as well now.

I'll let you guys know what the problem is when I find out.

LoudRam

Posted: 02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Redneck Yankee
Post #8

It took me a while but I finally got back to this problem. Just fixed it today. It was a break in the wire. I don't know where. I just ran a new piece of wire and tied it in. Everything works. Now on to my next problem in a new thread. I'm beginning not to like this van.

Closed Thread