2007 Durango Trailer Wiring - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
vetteman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2007 Durango Trailer Wiring

My 2007 Durango did not come with the factory tow option and I am interested in installing my own trailer wiring plug - does anybody have any kind of wiring diagram for the rear of this vehicle?
I think it might be the same wiring for the last few years of the current body style, a Chysler Aspen of similar years also ....
I am an electronics tech, and would be happy to post the resulting wiring plug diagram.
Saul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
mileshuff

You can splice and dice or purchase the Mopar wiring harness. I prefer the later to make a factory install. I do not know the cost on the Durango but I did this on my Ram. Cost about $100 and included a 7-wire connector, harness to connect to light circuits, relay, breaker, break controller wiring etc. Made a nice easy install.
#3 Old 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM
dale3fan3

Dont the Durangos already have a 4 pin behind the bumper like all the rams?
#4 Old 12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
enash67

I bought a plug in wire harness off eBay for $52 shipped made by Hobbi I believe and installed in like 5min...just plug and play, it was really nice and easy, no splicing...

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4
Light Khaki Metallic
REC NAV System
4.7L Magnum
#5 Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Snotrocket

save the headache and ONLY use the factory harness go to makeitmopar.com
its about 100 bucks and takes 1/2 hour to install it and get the 7 pin harness and a 4 pin adapter ........ wire splicing is so half ass ........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.