'02 4.7L Ram died while driving... now won't start - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-01-2004, 12:35 AM
KaZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
'02 4.7L Ram died while driving... now won't start

I was barely 3 miles from home and she cut out on me. Was sitting at a stop light, started off trying to keep up with a friend, all was normal, then it just cut off... =( I put it in neutral and coasted to a stop, put it in park, and tried to start, but she just whirs. =( Tried everything I could think of. The Check Engine light flashes 11 times. No pauses. When I researched a few things on the net, I checked for codes by holding the trip button down... I get a "23 xx" code, then "00 00", and it goes back to my Odometer reading. = ( Please help.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-01-2004, 05:03 AM
redneck power

From what my service manual says, the 23 is for "Headlamp switch input circuit open" xx is supposed to be the number of cycles of the ignition since the Trouble Code was stored, so I don't quite get why it's not a number. The zeros just mean that all the stored codes have been displayed. Don't know about the 11 flashes of the engine light. Don't know why a headlamp problem would make it die either. Friggin' computers Maybe that code was there already and your real problem isn't generating any??? Hopefully the dealer can take care of it for you without too much pain. Here's the list of all the codes, too.
Attached Files
File Type: txt INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FAILURE MESSAGE.txt (2.2 KB, 43 views)
#3 Old 01-01-2004, 09:17 AM
RANDYZ

Similar thing happened when I had my 1997. Turned out to be the fuel pump fuse.

2004 Ram Hemi Sport Black
2005 Ram Daytona "Go mango"
2006 Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi 4x4 Inferno Red (repurchased by Dodge under Lemon Law for vibration)
2007 Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi Laramie Inferno Red (Thanks Dodge!)
2006 Ram 1500 Mega Cab Laramie w/sunroof. Black.
#4 Old 01-02-2004, 12:28 PM
ponchin

hey, Every one that has a 4.7 ram with problems should write to dodge and complain about the truck. They should recall it and have a fix for it or something. Read the forums when its not starting it is not accelerating properly or turning off, what a pain and then you add the brakse on the 03 that have to replaced becaus ethey warp to quickly, omg, I love my truck but it is not livving up to an 03 30some thousand dollar truck
#5 Old 01-02-2004, 09:09 PM
sgbofav
I'd rather be Geocaching

I was driving my 4.7 Dakota and got a cell phone call. I pulled into a parking lot and my truck died. I had to have it towed to the dealership. The computer or (pcm) died
If you see a message on your instrument panel that says "no bus" , you mave have a bad computer.

They repaired it under warranty but, I had to pay for the diagnostic work.

Bill

White 2000 CC 4.7 Dakota (Traded in on 10/24/04)
Replaced with 2004 Deepwater Nissan Titan, Crew Cab
AMSOIL SVG 75w-140 gear lube
AMSOIL SAE 10w-30 oil

Emerald Green 94 Ram 2500 slt lariat, 4x4, 5.9L Auto, 3.92 gears, HD service group, Tow Pkg,
AMSOIL SAE 75w-90 gear lube
AMSOIL SAE 15w-40 HDD&M oil
3 inch "cat back" exhaust with Flowmaster with 3 inch cat back exhaust,
Homebrew CAI with 9" S&B Pro-flow filter.
Dremel polished Throttle Body.

Green 1998 Olds Cutlass GLX, V6 (family car)
AMSOIL SAE 5w-30 oil
AMSOIL Flowzair "drop-in" air filter
Pioneer DEH-P3600 CD-player
Infinity Reference series speakers 4x6"s and 6x9"s

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.