Pulstar spark plugs - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-10-2007, 12:12 PM
ECONORAM
Acts 2:38-39

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pulstar spark plugs

I was reading on your website about the Pulstar plugs in the FAQ. I checked but your site didn't list the plugs for my 4.7L. I then checked pulstar.com and they list BE-1 @$25 a piece. Is there a guarentee for the MPG gains an engine would see? I see the plugs have a one-year warrentee and Pulstar offers 30 days money back. Thanks...

(formerly daveb673) Avatar is from the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy...
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/545RFE -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 -- E-fan install (now Taurus 3.8 fan)-- 3.5 inch steel pipe intake -- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite -- Transgo shift kit -- A/C heater valve mod -- HO cams
2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic -- Intake mods -- Filtermag SS300 --> 37mpg!!
Tech Training, Randolph AFB, Texas--me
90th Missile Wing, FE Warren AFB, WY & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons
** How to: Use DT's search feature ** How to: Posting Pics on DT 4" PVC sewer pipe intake how-tos Proud God Squad member since 1980 Don't touch my truck club member #27 Official DT Weight Reduction Thread 4.7L Performance Thread #5 4.7L 206 cams thread 2007 RAM PSC-1 install Rock Your World
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
sparkplugs.com
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! You're one up on us here! We're just in the early stages of taking on Pulstar Plugs and I just loaded all of their part numbers and the FAQs to our site on friday afternoon. I haven't started on the make/model/year data yet, but that should hopefully be up early next week.

Pulstar has set some pretty high expectations for their plugs with their advertising claims, some of which you read on our site. They claim that their plugs will increase power and torque enough that it will produce noticible increased power and acceleration, or if you don't use the extra power in that way, it would manifest itself in gas mileage improvements. We have a dyno set up for the end of this month on an SRT-4. We'll be comparing pulstar's plugs with ngk standard nickel and ngk iridiums to see what kind of numbers we get. We'll be able to answer some real questions then about Pulstars capabilities, something that i'm keenly interested in as you are. In a few months from now, we hope to run the same test on a truck or suv and include a mileage test with it. If you'd like to wait and see how pulstar plugs perform in our dyno, just send me an email the beg. of december. If you'd like to get a head start, i would be willing to arrange a discount on a set of plugs for your vehicle in exchange for getting some feedback on them from you, and i'm sure other dodgetalk.com forum members would be very interested in your feedback as well. And if they don't work well and you want to send them back, they do have that 30 money back guarantee that we will, of course, honor.

Let me know what you think, and thank you for your interest!
Natasha

Official DodgeTalk Supporter
#3 Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
wicks01dur

did yall test the different plugs yet i run ngk v power now and seriously cosidering ix iridiums i just like hardcore evidence if ill gain more power

287 enthusiast member #76 01 durango slt 4wd patriot blue 4.7l
performance (afe cai, fastman tb, tps mod, flowmaster 40 series muffler, magnaflow high flow cat, superchips, ngk 2262 plugs, relocated iat, removed clutch fan, asp underdrive pulley, tmr mod)
cosmetic (removed roof rack, debadged, clear corners, color matched grille, color matched mirrors)
#4 Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
sparkplugs.com
DodgeTalk Sponsor

We did run the dyno last week and I'm waiting on the complete results from the dyno facility. From what i hear, the NGK iridiums took the lead in regards to a balance between reliability and performance gains. As soon as I have all the hard data, I'll be compiling it and posting it for forum members.

#5 Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
SilsHemi
Dodge Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplugs.com
From what i hear, the NGK iridiums took the lead in regards to a balance between reliability and performance gains.
NGK iridiums good.

Sil
#6 Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Wasinger12
Dodge Fanatic!

Quote:
We did run the dyno last week and I'm waiting on the complete results from the dyno facility. From what i hear, the NGK iridiums took the lead in regards to a balance between reliability and performance gains. As soon as I have all the hard data, I'll be compiling it and posting it for forum members.
Any updates on this??

-Thanks
#7 Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
sparkplugs.com
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Check out this thread: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...39#post2155639

It will lead you to all of the dyno sheets

#8 Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Wasinger12
Dodge Fanatic!

Quote:
Check out this thread: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...39#post2155639

It will lead you to all of the dyno sheets
Thank you!
#9 Old 02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
ECONORAM
Acts 2:38-39

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Thank you for performing the dyno testing. I know that took a good bit of effort. I am curious if the results would be the same on a lower performance naturally aspirated engine. At a glance, I am not thinking that 3hp for $200 is such a good deal, although I am sure people have spent more for less... In fact, I think I've done that before...
[edit] does this plug fire differently enough from regular plugs that the PCM needs to relearn? Found a link where they should test it on a HEMI soon... http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...t=97279&page=2

(formerly daveb673) Avatar is from the center of the Whirlpool Galaxy...
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/545RFE -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 -- E-fan install (now Taurus 3.8 fan)-- 3.5 inch steel pipe intake -- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite -- Transgo shift kit -- A/C heater valve mod -- HO cams
2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic -- Intake mods -- Filtermag SS300 --> 37mpg!!
Tech Training, Randolph AFB, Texas--me
90th Missile Wing, FE Warren AFB, WY & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons
** How to: Use DT's search feature ** How to: Posting Pics on DT 4" PVC sewer pipe intake how-tos Proud God Squad member since 1980 Don't touch my truck club member #27 Official DT Weight Reduction Thread 4.7L Performance Thread #5 4.7L 206 cams thread 2007 RAM PSC-1 install Rock Your World

Last edited by ECONORAM; 02-10-2008 at 01:06 PM.
#10 Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Stickhemi
Stick shift or nothing

Thanks for the info will be reading this
#11 Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
mikewarke
Registered WIP

my grandfather has installed pulstar's in his 95 tracker and 98 gmc van and said they added a little umph. I am in the market for new plugs and wires and I'd like some info on the pulstars. I would be willing to take them from you at dicounted price in exchage for information from consumer standpoint. I would share all info I obtain. We do not have a dyno in the area so that would be out but as far as 0-60 1/4 mile 1/8 mile etc, "noticable changes" mpg's and so on no problem. Email address is mikewarke@hotmail.com
#12 Old 10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
sparkplugs.com
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Hi Mike,

what vehicle are you looking to put the pulstar's in? In the meantime, you can get more info on Pulstar's plugs at PulstarPulsePlugs.com

Thanks,
Natasha

#13 Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
mikewarke
Registered WIP

2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi!, didnt relize this was such an old thread. ima new member.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.