Front drive shaft removal - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

rgwetz

Front drive shaft removal - Posted: 09-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Post #1

How do you remove the front drive shaft? I removed the 4 bolts on the front U-Joint and the 6 bolts on the rear bracket but the shaft did not come out. I didn't want to pound on anything until I asked the question. I've read other people post about 3 u-joint on the front drive shaft. Mine only has the one on the front and has a round bracket with 6 bolts at the tranfer case end.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HemiDak

Posted: 09-16-2007, 08:29 AM
New name, same taste!
City: Grand Rapids
State: MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Compress it and wiggle it around.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Ryan Griffin

Posted: 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Post #3

You should be able to grab it at the front Diff and push it back toward the trans case. It should compress......dont be afraid to wack it with a hammer handle or something to break it loose. The flanges could be rusted together and will need a little encouragement to separate.
Closed Thread