2500 lowering kit? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - 4X4 Talk

Closed Thread

fsu123187

2500 lowering kit? - Posted: 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM
City: labelle
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

hey guys, I'm new to the site and had a question. Does anyone know of any company that offers a lowering kit for the 06-07 2500 4x4??
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

byrdawg13

Posted: 09-04-2007, 10:53 PM
City: United States of America
State: VA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

you should visit the sport truck forum. we here are lifted....not bottom dwellers

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.......E. Hemingway "
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

STL HEMI

Posted: 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
City: On the Road
State: MO
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

You could take your overloads out in the rear. If you want to lower the front your gonna have to cut coils and get shorter upper and lower control arms to recenter the axle in your fenders

byrdawg13

Posted: 09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Y U P

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.......E. Hemingway "

Heimz

Posted: 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
...IN A ROW?
City: Chino Hills, CA
Post #5

Look at Thuren Fabrication, he can make coils of any size so he could give you advice/parts for the lowering.

Its really a shame to even think about it, though......

STL HEMI

Posted: 09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Post #6

Don just shipped my new lift shackles for my rig. It'll be nice to have alittle rake again.

Heimz

Posted: 09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
...IN A ROW?
City: Chino Hills, CA
Post #7

I just sent off an email to him not more than a few hours ago about his shackles. How much will they lift it?

STL HEMI

Posted: 09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Post #8

their are 2 diffrent mounting points. 3/4" and 2"

07MegaCabRam

Posted: 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
::Mike::
City: Chandler
State: AZ
Post #9

why?

::2007 Dodge Ram MegaCab 4x4 5.7L Hemi::
Factory 4th Gen 17x8 Wheels, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs, KC 5" Apollo Lights in Factory Fog Light Location. Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler,
Painted B Pillars, Kenwood Sound System. Defender-PRO Spray in Bedliner I sprayed myself, TonnoPro Tri-fold Tonneau Cover, 15% Window Tint applied by myself, Superchips FlashPaq 3842,
Carli Progressive 3" coils and Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. Updated 08+ Steering and Carli Steering Stabilizer 7100. 1.5" blocks in the rear. Carli Adjustable Trackbar.
Jimmi Jammer Door locks installed in all 4 doors. Kenwood DNX5120 head unit with 2 Kenwood 10"s, Kenwood 5 channel amp and Kenwood Components in all 4 doors.

RIP MOPAR FAN (Al - July 22, 1946 - April 05, 2014) DodgeTalk Long Time Family Member/Moderator

STL HEMI

Posted: 09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06QuadRam
why?
Why what?

byrdawg13

Posted: 09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

why lower a 4x4

dog rocket

Posted: 09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
City: Sierra Foothills NorCal
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdawg13
why lower a 4x4
Some people have different needs for needing 4wd (driving in snow or launching boats, for instance). I'm looking at lifting mine, but to be honest, it won't see much rock crawling... other toys will do that better anyway. In defense of the original poster, he might be someone who needs 4wd for something other than posing or rock crawling!

In other words, welcome him - don't slam him because he doesn't align with your narrow mindedness.

I'm not sure how low you can go, but I must not be the only one on the planet who would love to see a slammed 2500 4x4!

fsu123187

Posted: 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #13

thanks for the help guys. im actually wanting to lower it because every other 2500 4x4 in my hometown is lifted. plus i really have no need for a lifted truck, the only time i even use my 4x4 is for launching at the track

Brian06QuadCab

Posted: 09-05-2007, 06:37 PM
State: CT
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

then you should have bought a 4x2. Lowering a 4x4 makes about as much sense as trying to drive an airplane on the street.
Magnaflow #16700 cat back
Magnaflow Y pipe
BFI intake
Amsoil fluids throughout

fsu123187

Posted: 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #15

and lifting one 6 inches when i would never go offroad makes more sense?

jmbones

Posted: 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
City: SKOOK
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #16

I'm no fan of it, but to each his own. Kenne Bell did it to a 2500 back in the day. I don't think it was 4x4 though.

2008 Avenger R/T (Chrysler 100,000 mile club)

2013 Laramie Power Wagon
Nav - Rear ParkSense - Remote Start
Factory Spray In Bedliner - Rear Defrost
PM me for Winch Mob Decals

dog rocket

Posted: 09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian06QuadCab
then you should have bought a 4x2. Lowering a 4x4 makes about as much sense as trying to drive an airplane on the street.
Oh really? Is that why some of the world's best handling cars are all wheel drive? You guys need to open your mind a bit. Can't be done and shouldn't be done are words that give inspiration to those who CREATE, not those who follow (or pose).

Go tell Kore that 3/4 ton trucks are made for hauling and racing them makes about as much sense as trying to 'drive an airplane on the street'.

byrdawg13

Posted: 09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog rocket
Some people have different needs for needing 4wd (driving in snow or launching boats, for instance). I'm looking at lifting mine, but to be honest, it won't see much rock crawling... other toys will do that better anyway. In defense of the original poster, he might be someone who needs 4wd for something other than posing or rock crawling!

In other words, welcome him - don't slam him because he doesn't align with your narrow mindedness.

I'm not sure how low you can go, but I must not be the only one on the planet who would love to see a slammed 2500 4x4!

actually i was just clearing up the "WHY?" statement another poster had posted. but ill take the wrap.

byrdawg13

Posted: 09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog rocket
Oh really? Is that why some of the world's best handling cars are all wheel drive? You guys need to open your mind a bit. Can't be done and shouldn't be done are words that give inspiration to those who CREATE, not those who follow (or pose).

Go tell Kore that 3/4 ton trucks are made for hauling and racing them makes about as much sense as trying to 'drive an airplane on the street'.

you are right. some of the worlds best handling vehicles are all wheel drive. i would suspect since you are making such an opinionated statement you already know the difference between 4wd and all wheel drive. being as the 4wheel drive unit dodge uses in its pickup trucks are gear driven direct drives and the high performance all wheel drive transmissions use viscious transfer cases which allow for slip and differentiation between each wheel for high speed cornerning on surfaces with a lot of traction. when you have one wheel spinning differently then the others on our gear driven units there is a difference in the spinning rates between the wheels that cannot just dissapear. the difference is made up at the weakest link making it highly likely to ruin your transfer case or diffs.

after reading through the posts again, i didnt come across a post that bashed the man....asking a question like "WHY?" is simple. i dont see how that is bashing the man....infact, maybe he could reply with a reason that would help us explain what he needs done to his suspension to better suit his needs.

as for the kore statement.....there is no reason you cannot race a 3/4 and 1 ton truck. the cummins is a very durable motor with good power and rpm ranges. the solid axles front and read and the boxed frame make it an excellent platform to build on and race on.

maybe you should do your homework a lil more, unless of course your statements were just pure opinions.

dog rocket

Posted: 09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Post #20

Thanks for the level-headed response. Yea, I know the difference. If you look at this thread, the guy asked a very simple question and I think the thread speaks for itself with the responses... none (ok:1) of which were any help. Can you seriously tell me you guys weren't heaping on???

He didn't ask your opinions of what he wanted to do... only whether anyone knew of a source. I just felt that someone new should be treated with a little more respect, that's all.

I've seen a lot of forums become the old boy's network and it's a shame when that happens as anyone with a different way of thinking is quickly shown the door. I could guess the collective age here and I'm probably an old fart in comparison, but this old dog has realized with age that an open mind to insights of others will make you better and wiser in the end.

And yea, that's my opinion... and I'm done with this one.

Finally, what exactly do you need me to do my homework about? I have yet to be educated on anything yet in this thread.

Last edited by dog rocket : 09-05-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Closed Thread