Programming my overhead garage thing to my GARAGE!? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 AM
MonsterStyleCom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Programming my overhead garage thing to my GARAGE!?

So I have the cool overhead console, with the 3 lil buttons that allow me to replace the funky garage door opener that I got with my new home... Only problem is... I have NO clue how to set it! I've followed the below instructions (www.alldatadiy.com), but just cant get it to work right...

My garage system is a LiftMaster 371LM... No instructions online (so far)...

My truck? 2001 Dodge Durango 5.9L SLT...

ANY IDEAS?

Setting Transmitter Codes

Turn OFF the engine.
Erase the factory test codes by pressing the two outside buttons. Release the buttons when the red light begins to flash (about 20 seconds ).
Choose one of the three buttons to train. Place the hand-held transmitter within one inch of the universal transmitter and push the buttons on both transmitters. The red light on the universal transmitter will begin to flash slowly.
When the red light on the universal transmitter begins to flash rapidly (this may take as long as 60 seconds ), release both buttons. Your universal transmitter is now "trained". To train the other buttons, repeat Step 3 and Step 4. Be sure to keep your hand-held transmitter in case you need to retrain the universal transmitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-17-2007, 02:45 PM
OldSchool

so, you've got the "transmitter" in the console trained, correct? Train you're opener as described here:
http://www.aaadooropeners.com/371lmcoding.htm
#3 Old 08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
MonsterStyleCom

(Thread Starter)
That's to program my hand held thing to my garage door opener... I want to now use the console button to open the garage door, not the stupid lil transmitter 1-button thing they give you...

???
#4 Old 08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Don Fox

MSC:

What Old School is saying is that you now have to sync your vehicle opener to the unit in your garage. While doing this, make sure there are no kids or pets anywhere around the door as it will shut whe you have completed the process.

You must find the little trap door located on your opener, and inside it are adjustments for the sensors that cause the door to go back up if needed as well as a "learning" (might be yellow or red and square) button. You need to push the learn button, then get into your Durango quickly and push and hold the botton you want to operate the door. It takes about 5 seconds for the remote to sync with the garage unit, then the door will close.

Done it many times and it works like a charm.

Don

2004 SLT Hemi Durango AWD Flame Red
w/ 3.55 gears. New in the stable since 03/26/10.

05 Linen Gold Pearl Grand Caravan SXT
w/3.8L (hers) since 09/30/06
#5 Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 AM
MonsterStyleCom

(Thread Starter)
I just went out into the garage and tried it... I found the purple learn button with the purple wire, I pressed it, the light (yellow light) turned on... I got into the D within 2 seconds or so (FAST!) and hit the button in my D... Nothing, did it again but now held down the button in my D for nearly 30 seconds until it started flashing real fast... Nothing...

In the process I had to reprogram the transmitter 1-button keys, which was easy... Press learn button, held down the transmitter button 3-4 seconds and it was all synced again...

I just cant get the damn D to sync... I've reset the codes in the D (held the left and right buttons down for 30 seconds until they blinked)... I'm lost :-(
#6 Old 08-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Don Fox

MSC:
IIRC, you have to set the unit in your D with the remote opener first. You will know this has happened when the light begins to flash. Then, you push your purple button, then go back to the D and hold the button down until the door closes.

This process should do it unless you have some type of really different opener.

Don

2004 SLT Hemi Durango AWD Flame Red
w/ 3.55 gears. New in the stable since 03/26/10.

05 Linen Gold Pearl Grand Caravan SXT
w/3.8L (hers) since 09/30/06
#7 Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 PM
B1G BLEU
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK

TRANSMITTER CODES
To erase the universal transmitter codes, simply
hold down the two outside buttons (1 and 3).
NOTE: Individual channels cannot be erased. Erasing
the transmitter codes will erase ALL programmed
codes.
STANDARD PROCEDURE - SETTING
TRANSMITTER CODES
(1) Erase the factory test codes by pressing the
two outside buttons.
(2) Choose one of the three buttons to train. Place
the hand-held transmitter within one inch of the universal
transmitter and push the buttons on both
transmitters.
(3) Release both buttons when the overhead display
confirms training procedure. Your universal
transmitter is now “trained”. To train the other buttons,
repeat Step 2 and Step 3. Be sure to keep your
hand-held transmitter in case you need to retrain the
universal transmitter.

Paul
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 33K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims
Wife's Ride : 2006 Grand Caravan SXT INFERNO RED
Work Ride : 2009 Ford Edge SEL
Daughter's Ride : 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude
Son 1's Ride : 2012 Nissan Altima S Coupe
Son 2's Ride : 2006 STi Stage 2 Grandma Gray (kinda mine, too)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.