Squeaky Suspension!!!! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Prsguitarse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Squeaky Suspension!!!!

I have a 01' dakota 4.7 V8 with about 69K miles and i need some serious help or advice. Every bump or just uneven paved roads makes my front end squeak nasty and its about to drive me crazy. Im pretty sure i just need to get new shocks and struts, but how much you think that will cost me. DOnt need the best, but some good ones. Or does anyone know some ghetto remedies that i could do to just reduce the SQUEAK!?

Dumped Magnaflow Exhaust
Alpine 9855 Head Unit
Memphis Door Speakers
Infinity Amp
12" Infinity Sub
Superchip Tuner
Airaid Cold Air Intake
Viper Alarm System

Soon to come:
- Power Wire
- Clear Corners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-20-2007, 11:38 AM
sjonnie

The source of squeek in the front suspension can be almost everything, like you I had the car squeeking like crazy whenever I went round a turn. In order of what's easiest to replace I replaced sway bar bushings, shocks, upper-ball joints and lower ball joints. I haven't replaced the control arm bushings simply because I can't find anywhere that sells them. My squeek problem is pretty much gone. An easy cost-free job is just to remove the sway bar, clean and grease the bushings and then reinstall. That might help. Shocks should probably be next on your list. Oh and ball-joints if you've never done them.
#3 Old 07-21-2007, 11:34 AM
hemi dave
The Cherry Express

"Summit" sells a nice "Energy Suspension" poly bushing kit, that would be my choice!
#4 Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
BRUISER QUAD
MUDDY AFFAIR

for the "ghetto remedy" i would get some white lithium grease in a spray can, attach the "straw thingy" to the sprayer so you can pinpoint where you want it and go around and hit all the bushings, joints or anything else that moves.

I did this on my 01 Dakota just before going on a road trip, didn't have time to correctly replace anything, also didn't want it to cut into my vacation $.... This cured it long enough that I forgot about it and then it was sold....

2004 Dakota Quad- 4.7L 4x4
9.25" 3.55 posi rear, open front

Blue Truck Club #87 287 Enthusiast Club #666 NEKID Truck Club #666
Yellow/ Amber Foglight Club #666 Don't Fear the Drone #666

20% tint, vent shades, Blacked out between front and rear windows
de-badged, Mopar Billet Fuel Door/ body color matched!
NiteShaded rear brake lights w/ led bulbs
Yellow headlights, Yellow foglights
HELLA 500 driving lights on bumper w/ 100w hella bulbs & custom Hella Grilles
clear turn signals w/ silverstar ambers
Xtang Saber tonneau, Line-X under the rail
POWER WIRE
FastMan 68.5 Throttle Body w/ K&N FIPK
Clutch fan removed, 180* T-stat
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs
Flowmaster Super44 Dumped
Clarion head, polk components
Torsion bars cranked, 2" blocks
285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on BLACK Cragar's
MAG-LIGHT- Magcharger hardwired
R/T- Heated, Power Leather Seats w/ full console
Blacked out interior top to bottom
#5 Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM
silvrbeastjr.
um......howdy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAblueQuad
for the "ghetto remedy" i would get some white lithium grease in a spray can, attach the "straw thingy" to the sprayer so you can pinpoint where you want it and go around and hit all the bushings, joints or anything else that moves.

I did this on my 01 Dakota just before going on a road trip, didn't have time to correctly replace anything, also didn't want it to cut into my vacation $.... This cured it long enough that I forgot about it and then it was sold....

yup! some WD-40 or some silicone will do wonders....for a while..

or do only a few parts first to see if it fixes it. if it doesn't then try another bushing or something. when you find it, replace it..
#6 Old 07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
2005blue4x4dak
lets go 'wheelin!

on my '04 it turned out to be the swaybar bushings.

Next time i'm gonna get the Energy Suspension kit....this last time wound up having it done at a shop, since i was short of time!

2007 PT Cruiser-too much to list, and still more to come!

1991 Dodge Dakota- 3.9, auto, longbox, buckets, new cluster w/tach, fresh timing chain....69k orig. miles.
#7 Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 AM
jmacii

Lithium Grease!

My 01' 4.7L QC 4x4 front end started squeeking and I just bought some spray white lithium grease and sparyed front struts and arms and it all went away!
#8 Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 PM
ethanwatters85

I had Bad front end squeaking, and it was Balljoints at about 75K miles. I replaced them with Moog Balljoints, then had to replace those again under warranty at about 120K. So far so good.

97 Dakota, Quad Cab 2WD Green 318ci, 5.2l
Current Mods:
K&N Cold air Intake
180 Thermostat
Hypertech Power Programmer III on the way
Straight Pipes from the Cat
Edelbrock Shocks
Moog Balljoints
Tinted Windows
PIAA SuperSilicone Wiper Blades
6 Hella Supertones Horns
Hella FF1000 Driving Lights
Alpine Head Unit, Polk components, and Polk 10" Subs in MTX Thunderform box, powered by 500W Bazooka amp.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.