DSS steering stabilizer - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Texas97
the road goes on forever

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question DSS steering stabilizer

I was looking for some feedback on the DSS steering stabilizer. Im gonna install the PSC box but i was also thinking it might be good to have the stabilizer on there also to tighten up flex around the box. I am only running 33"s right now, but might go up and inch in the future when i move to the 17" wheels.

Do any of yall have the stabilizer? Any opinions? also, i was wondering if you have had any change in approach angle with it on there, if it sticks out that much. i have a Sport model Ram and i think that its pretty hidden anyways.

Lean on the gas and off the clutch!

2001 Dodge Ram QC 5.9L 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Davcruz
I disgaree...:)

Are you referring to the Solid Steel Industries stabilizer? If so I have it, very nice piece, easy to install. I doubt it would change the approach angle at all as the bumper hangs down much further than the brace. I highly recommend it.

David
2001.5 - 2500 HD CTD 4x4 Sport SLT Quad Cab
Fabtech 5.5 Long Arm Performance lift
Toyo Open Country M/T 315/75-16's
AFE Stage II Intake
BD XMonitor pyro, trans, boost digital pillar gauge
Westach fuel pressure gauge
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
Airdog FP100 and big line kit
#3 Old 06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Texas97
the road goes on forever

(Thread Starter)
that is what im refering to. I figured it was a solid design, no pun intended. Its simplicity is what i think makes it great. i have no doubts or worries about the install. im rebuilding the whole front end, so im not worried about installation ease. i like the fact too, that it looks like it would stabilize flex in the front end and around the sway bar. i might just make it part of my PSC order along with the a new extreme gear box.

#4 Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Davcruz

Here it is installed on my Ram.

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#5 Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Texas97
the road goes on forever

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the pic! Nice! Thats pretty much what im getting ready to do to my truck. Thurens trac bar and the conversion bracket, with the SSI steering brace.

How much did those sway bar disconnects cost you? can i use them with my stock ride height? i dont like the ball joint links i have now for it.

Oh, and i think all the new steering parts i put on, except the PSC gear box im gonna paint candy apple red. should make a nice contrast to my green truck. and it will match my rancho stabilizer, although it wont match my bilistein shocks. i guess the color of it all doesnt matter too much, and is really the least of my worries. i just thought it would look cool!

#6 Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Davcruz

Yes you can use them. You will need to cut the outer tube down about 3" though. I had to cut mine about 1". They are for a Jeep TJ front axle and they come too long for our trucks. However, they are a bolt-on affair so that is nice.

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#7 Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Davcruz

Oops, forgot the price. $49.95 from Topguncustomz.com .

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#8 Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Davcruz

Here is the link for them...

http://www.marketworks.com/storefron...64&i=170758176

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#9 Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Texas97
the road goes on forever

(Thread Starter)
If you dont mind me asking, how did you come up with the 3"? is it because you have a 2" lift in the front on your truck? i have no problem cutting them down, just want to make sure i get the right length, especially at 50 bucks a peice! Did it help shore up your front end?

#10 Old 06-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Davcruz

I have 6" of lift, not 2". I installed them first with no cutting. My sway bar hit the inner fender at static sag. I then removed the outer and cut it to be about 2" longer than the stock piece. It was a complete SWAG on my part, but is working out fine with no problems. You may want to make yours the same as the stock piece since you have no lift. Also, I am not sure if my stock link was longer than yours since it was an Off Road package.

It is $50 for a pair.

BTW, I was just down in San Antonio from Sunday to Wednesday, gawd I love that River Walk!

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#11 Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM
snookers54

Davcruz inquiring about the TJ links......can you tell me.....where did you aquire the top bracket for the link mounts?.....or did you fabricate them?
Thats a great mod by the way....and much cheaper than replacing the stock ones as well

snookers aka PT

good wholesome snack food

13 inches of total lift
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748122/1
7" S/J coils - 4.5" superlift spring packs - 3" P/A body lift - P/A Gap Guards - Thueren Trac bar - Solidsteel steering brace - Dual steering stabilizers - Dual front shocks - Russell SS brake lines - Drilled + slotted rotors - Yukon 4:56 gearing front and back - Detriot Locker - DC long arms - 37" DC FCII tires - 15x10 DC aluminum wheels - Dual batteries - Blue Lightning 130 amp battery isolater - ARB air compresser - Mack Truck Air Horns - 4.5 cu.ft. air reservoir - Clear corners - Hughes Engines Plenum belly pan - SS Exhaust - Magnaflow high flo cat - Flowmaster 40 SIDO muffler - Dual exhaust tips - MSD6A Ignition - Custom CAI - B+M remote external transmission filter - External tranny cooler - Hypertech Power Programmer III - and more
#12 Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Davcruz

Snookers, if you use the link that I have above they will come with the U bracket. The TJ uses the same bar and link style that we do, so the disconnects come with the bracket. Make sure you use the link and get the FRONT disconnects, the rear are identical but the DO NOT come with the bracket, so get the fronts.

David
AFE Stage II Intake
Edge Comp w/wire tap
Magnaflow 4" Exhaust
#13 Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
snookers54

Dave thanks for the quick response !!

good wholesome snack food

13 inches of total lift
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748122/1
7" S/J coils - 4.5" superlift spring packs - 3" P/A body lift - P/A Gap Guards - Thueren Trac bar - Solidsteel steering brace - Dual steering stabilizers - Dual front shocks - Russell SS brake lines - Drilled + slotted rotors - Yukon 4:56 gearing front and back - Detriot Locker - DC long arms - 37" DC FCII tires - 15x10 DC aluminum wheels - Dual batteries - Blue Lightning 130 amp battery isolater - ARB air compresser - Mack Truck Air Horns - 4.5 cu.ft. air reservoir - Clear corners - Hughes Engines Plenum belly pan - SS Exhaust - Magnaflow high flo cat - Flowmaster 40 SIDO muffler - Dual exhaust tips - MSD6A Ignition - Custom CAI - B+M remote external transmission filter - External tranny cooler - Hypertech Power Programmer III - and more
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.