2001 Caravan Power Window is Stuck - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

jackster20

Question 2001 Caravan Power Window is Stuck - Posted: 06-15-2007, 07:19 PM
City: Milpitas
State: CA
Post #1

Hi,

Has anybody heard of this problem before? The drivers side power window will roll down but then won't roll back up when the button is pushed again. In the past, I'd have to wait a little while for the button to push the window up little by little. This would be repeated until it was up all the way. Now it just plain-ole won't work.

Thanks.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RickMN

Posted: 06-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Post #2

These vans are known for having bad window regulators. You can buy one from the dealer or get an aftermarket one from www.rockauto.com. They're a little bit of a pain to put in, involves drilling out some rivets and disconnecting things, but you can probably do this one yourself. Put aside an afternoon. Take your time. Wear leather gloves when working inside the door. Buy some brewsky's for the after-party.

jackster20

Posted: 06-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Hey, Thanks! That's a nice website. I haven't seen that one before. They even have tech articles for troubleshooting. I'm going to try some other stuff out tomorrow.

I hot wired the motor and while it will go down every time, it will only go up when it's in the mood...just like when using the switch. I hear a click from the motor and that's it. Trying repeatedly doesn't work. I have to wait an hour or so and then maybe it'll go up. When it does go up it moves up like normal for a few inches then just stops. I even tried pulling and pushing on the window and mechanisms while 12 V was applied but that doesn't help either.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

login

Posted: 06-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Post #4

Window regulator is the problem. Can get them new on ebay cheap. Auto zone if I remeber soemone proper has motor that is lifetime warranty. Do not quote me...

Just changed mine complete with cable assembly. See other post for tips...

No drilling rivets on that madel year. Very easy. Snap the window into the gold clips as very last step.

jackster20

Posted: 06-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Post #5

Thanks. I'll look into that if my motor fails again.

I tested the motor and it would only work intermittently in the up position. A new motor solved that problem. I'd have to say that removing the old motor was a B word. There's a "round" nut inside a rubber grommet that the motor bolts are attached to. When trying to remove the three bolts the nuts would spin with it and so would the grommet. I finally pried/forced the grommets through the holes and had to get some new hardware from the hardware store. Works great now.

Thanks again!
Closed Thread