Need to drain gas tank in durango-easiest way? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

98 blkdurango

Unhappy Need to drain gas tank in durango-easiest way? - Posted: 06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
City: westminster
Post #1

As stated -it has taken me 16 months-off for winter (too cold outside) to get durnago back together after accident.Come to find out my oldest son did not put stabil in gas tank.Had I known I would have done it myself but I banged up my knee in accident. Then we had a falling out. I am a 50 y/o woman. And I put most of this thing back together by myself. But in the meantime it has been 16 months and I am sure the gas is bad. The tank is about 3/4 full. I need to drain some out I am sure. Need some input please. Just need a new battery tranny lines run and fill the radiator, new plugs. I hope to have it running in the next 1 to 2 weeks. PLEASE HELP! He tried to siphon out of the filler tube but could not get it down. Is this a common problem for our cars. Please keep it simple I am doing this by myself. Thanks in advance for any input. Trying to save some cash. I am sure it will cost me a bundle to have a mechanic actually get it running again.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rick99

Posted: 06-01-2007, 01:21 PM
City: NH
State: NH
Post #2

First, have you tried to start it? The fuel system is sealed, so the gas may not be bad, especially with a full tank and not much air in there and you have nothing to lose by trying. I have a snowmobile that sat for two years w/o stabil and I was amazed that it started, but it did. On the other hand I've had gas in an unsealed can go bad in a few months.
Just got a new set of BFG All-Terrains
Planning retrofit to 4WABS

1999 Durango SLT+
4x4, 5.2l
Mods: B&M Supercooler, Ford OEM Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm, Heated Seats

01 T&C Limited 3.8l
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

98 blkdurango

Posted: 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
City: westminster
Post #3

update and you won't believe this.The tank was stolen alomg with the entire fuel pump assembly by someone at the autobody shop.They are claiming it was too long ago and they are not responsible.In the meantime,the durango was totalled but fixable so Md will not insure it but for liabilty .So, now I am looking for the entire fuel tank and fuel assembly. I could just cry.

MonsterStyleCom

Posted: 06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Go buy a new car.

I heard the new Dodge Nitro's and Dodge... Calibers are cool.

Cost less too!

Ugg

Posted: 06-02-2007, 02:16 PM
The A#1 Original!
City: North of Chicago Illinois
State: IL
Post #5

98 blkdurango:

Now that really SUCKS! Sounds like ya had Allstate Insurance too. That's total BS! Looks like you'll have to do some boneyard searching for replacements. Then you'll need to take the tank in to have it checked over to make sure it's okay (get a guarantee too). The fuel pump assby, better off just gettin a new one.

I'd hold off buyin any Dodge/Chrysler product for a while. Let em shake off the effects of the goosesteppers. See if the new owners will be any better or if it'll be more of the same. If ya want GOOD German engineering, get and Audi or BMW, even VW, but NOT Daimler products.

There's sumpthin about the Gen 1 D's, timeless beauty. It's good to hear that women also do their own work. Hope your knee is better. Kids today are just lazier, and don't seem to care as much. I guess that's our fault as parents. My son just turned 15, and now everything turns into a battle. I was hopin he'd be 16 when that started, but they do start faster with stuff these days.
The One, The Only, The A#1 Original
The Original DOC Black Sheep #1.
Signature Police Officer # 013

2001 Durango R/T, Patriot Blue with All factory options but block heater.

*Fastman TB. *JBA Headers. *DynoMax Flo Thru Muffler. *Hitch Mounted 55 Watt Back-Up Lights. *Yellow Krypton Fog Lights. *Nu-Image Flame Glo Gauges. *Orange Flame Seat Covers. *Autolite 3923 Plugs. *Remote Start-Up & Alarm. *Country Craft Brushed Aluminium Grille & Billet. *Blue Indiglo Glo Gas And Brake Pedals. *Lund Sun Visor. *LUND Rear Window Deflector. *Removed Factory Running Boards. *Rancho RS 9000 Shocks. *Ken Thompson Wheel Well Covers. *All Steel Skid Plates Installed To Replace Plastic Skids. *IP Stage II Cold Air Intake. *Rosewood Dash Kit by Trim King. *Cargo Liner by CargoLiner. *WeatherTech Vent Visors. *T-Bars cranked Up 3 Turns. *Extra Leaf Added Per Side On Rear Springs, *Rams Head Tail Light Covers. *55 Watt Back-Up Light Bulbs (installed in normal location for MORE light). *Go Rhino Hitch Step. *Ash Tray & Cup Holders Mounted by 2nd Row Seats. *American Flag & Black Ribbon Mounted on Antenna. *Lest We Forget, Fuzzy Dice. *Oh, & A Little White German Shepherd On The Dash, Howling.

PENDING REPLACEMENT
*Kumho Venture AT 275/60x17 Tires (WARNING, these tires are GARBAGE! ).
*Replaced with 15" Yoko Geolander's.

To Be Installed One Day Soon, I Hope

*Blue Engine Dress-up Kit, Made By Toucan Industies. *Jimmi Jammers. *Strobe Lights fore & aft.

The Beast

*1942 WC 53, 3/4 ton Dodge Carryall. *#152 of 8400 Made. *318 V8. *5 spd Trans. *4:86 gears. *Full Time 4WD.
Closed Thread