1998 Dodge Durango vents stuck in defrost mode - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango - Interior/Exterior

Closed Thread

chili D

1998 Dodge Durango vents stuck in defrost mode - Posted: 05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
City: Tucson
State: AZ
Post #1

My vents are stuck in defrost mode, controls work to turn blower on different speeds, control for different settings appear to make some changes, control for temp work. Basically all air is directed to the window and the floor and I can only control the speed. Its now 102 in Arizona and I am cooking. Is there an actuator I can check, vaccum lines, where to start....

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

firestingwisher

Posted: 05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
City: Panama City
State: FL
Post #2

Vacuum lines. under the dash, is where I'd start, the temp control is hard wired(cable from knob to damper door) There are two vacuum actuators that I can think of off of the top my head, on the right side of the hvac box, by the right kick panel under the dash, and one on the right, somewhere above the gas pedal I think. I think there's one on top of the hvac box in the back, you'd have to pull the dash for that one though.
Emergency lighting
30x9.50's
4 12" Infinity Subs
sealed enclosure
6.5" infinity component speakers and tweeters

Exterior mods
-Two "fog/driving" lights added to rear for night backing
-In Channel Autoshade Vent visors
-Tint front windows with 5%
-180 Deg t-stat

*DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member #(81)*

---------------------------------------------------
Planned alterations:
-Apline head unit
-altzella black euro rears
-One piece chrome headlight/corner marker
-Cat-back, Borla
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-2" front drop, 4" rear drop
-LSD
-fastman TB
-Upgrade fuel pump/regulator
-Elec Fan/get rid of Clutch fan
-Highflow Water pump
-Optima deep cycle gell cell battery
-Upgrade from Factory Speakers and add Tweeters
-DVD/Video monitors
-Playstation
-200(or highest I can get) amp alternator
Can't think of anything else right now
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread