Added a 2 micron fuel filter system - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM Diesel Talk

Closed Thread

Josh Brown

Added a 2 micron fuel filter system - Posted: 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM
City: Shohomish
State: WA
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

go to www.glacierdieselpower.com to check it out. It's the MK-2 big line kit it has a fleet guard filter that is in addition to the factory canister, the Fleetguard filter and the factory one I should be filtering all the crap out. I go mine at Dynomite diesel for $189. They are selling it because they have been seeing some dirty injectors with few miles. Chev filters to 2 micron from the factory. The instrucions were amazing, color pictures and never left anthing to your imagination. It looks like a factory set up. I have yet to drive it but it started right up. I also took my Turbo silencer ring out while I had the hood open. I have the stock air box so I doubt I will notice much. Debating the CAI as I feel it does nothing for perfomance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

NickBeek

Posted: 05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
City: Upstate SC
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

How about some pics of the install? I've been considering this mod for a while.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Josh Brown

Posted: 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
City: Shohomish
State: WA
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

I'll get some pics up thurs.

steve05ram360

Posted: 05-12-2007, 12:06 AM
City: Elk Grove, CA
State: CA
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown
Debating the CAI as I feel it does nothing for perfomance.
depends on what you put in... my afe stage 2/pg7 setup makes a difference, turbo spools faster, egt's are lower and the motor revs easier...

Mods: AFE stage 2, 30" magnaflow, aero turbine 4040, ATS Arc-Flow intake manifold, TST powermax
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Hemi Freak

Posted: 05-12-2007, 09:58 AM
City: Livermore
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

Steve, I thought you took out your aFe...or was it something else you gave up on? (maybe Edge?) I'm trying to remember...

2004 Dodge Ram Hemi QC 4x4

Sold February 2008: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel
ISSPRO Pyro, Boost and Tranny Temp Gauges, aFe Proguard 7 Stage II CAI,
Carli Starter System w/ Bilstein Shocks, ATS Flares,
35/12.5/18 Toyo M/T Open Country Tires wrapped around 18x9 Diamo Karat 8 Wheels,
Chrome Nerf Bars, Billet Aluminum Grille, Line-X, Magnaflow, Tinted Windows
Will replace with a MEGA CAB CTD someday...

CTD Enthusiast Club Member #11
ALSO IN GARAGE
2005 300C (Hemi of course!)
WISH I STILL HAD HER
1968 Dodge Charger (1st car and got me hooked on MOPAR!)

steve05ram360

Posted: 05-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Post #6

Hey Kevin, its been a while... Kersten mentioned that you two and one other person were going to do a suspension evaluation... Kerstens Kore vs yours vs the other guys... did you ever do it? if so did you post results? (hint hint... where? lol).

I yanked the AFE kit when I had just the Magnaflow setup (no kitty), and only when I was on a road trip (to improve fuel economy). So for a while there it was in and out. Back in Sept/Oct time frame I added the Aero 4040 where the kitty used to be and I cant tell you how much it helped out overall... it added enough backpressure (IMO) to balance out the performance so that I get good mileage and strong performance. So my current setup.... AFE (like yours IIRC), ATS intake, Aero 4040 and 30" magnaflow has made me a very happy camper. the downside is the EGT's take a little longer to come down before shutting it down and they may be a little higher than without the Aero. Totally acceptable to me since I dont drag my truck and I rarely tow with it. I think if I did start towing, I'd put a bypass around the aero with a valve (exhaust dump thru a 3rd muffler (maybe) ) A few weeks ago I moved my oldest daughter up to WA and towed a small trailer, truck did awesome and I have no complaints. On the way back we did the speed limits all the way and managed 18.2 mpg over 350 miles before stopping for lunch & to refuel (didnt want to stop again). the previous best on that drive (from Silverdale to Roseburg) was in the low 17's... which was before the aero install and with the stock air box.

I think before I spend any more $ on performance parts, I HAVE to get the tranny fixed... 2nd gear shift solenoid sticks and if I'm on it hard with the TST turned up, 3rd wont hold either. looking to do an HP rebuild with suncoast rebuild kit & a good torque converter... not sure when but it's next up.

Mods: AFE stage 2, 30" magnaflow, aero turbine 4040, ATS Arc-Flow intake manifold, TST powermax

Hemi Freak

Posted: 05-12-2007, 02:48 PM
City: Livermore
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #7

We haven't done it yet. James (firemansdiesel) is on the weekend shift right now, so it's been hard trying to find a time when we are all available. You should come! Then we would have a stock suspension to compare to.

I've been looking at torque converters again too. Last summer, I was just going to go to Imler and have them install a BD torque converter and valve body. I had to cancel at the last minute, and have yet to get it done. I've been thinking of going with a Goerend Bros TC/VB, as I have heard only good things about them.

2004 Dodge Ram Hemi QC 4x4

Sold February 2008: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel
ISSPRO Pyro, Boost and Tranny Temp Gauges, aFe Proguard 7 Stage II CAI,
Carli Starter System w/ Bilstein Shocks, ATS Flares,
35/12.5/18 Toyo M/T Open Country Tires wrapped around 18x9 Diamo Karat 8 Wheels,
Chrome Nerf Bars, Billet Aluminum Grille, Line-X, Magnaflow, Tinted Windows
Will replace with a MEGA CAB CTD someday...

CTD Enthusiast Club Member #11
ALSO IN GARAGE
2005 300C (Hemi of course!)
WISH I STILL HAD HER
1968 Dodge Charger (1st car and got me hooked on MOPAR!)

steve05ram360

Posted: 05-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Post #8

I have the Edelbrock IAS shocks on mine so it's not stock, actually, I think I may have blown a couple of them the other day... hit an unmarked abrupt edge at a 90 deg angle... ever since then my suspension has been soft.

Let me know when your going to do it, if I can I'll be there. Kersten has my number.

Closed Thread