I'd be willing to bet that things are just bound up from not being driven too much. Plus a good flush would help.
Be aware that the pins/bolts that hold mount the calipers can sieze and be a real PITA to get out!
Front Caliper Mounting/Steering Knuckle - Thread Repair
EFFECTIVE DATE: Apr. 23, 1999
Front Brake Caliper Mounting To Steering Knuckle Thread Repair
This bulletin involves repair of the threads on the steering knuckle or brake caliper mounting adapter that are used to install and retain the front brake caliper housing in its correct operating location.
1986 - 1999 (AN) Dakota
1998 - 1999 (DN) Durango
A Brake Knuckle Thread Repair Kit has been developed to repair stripped threads on the front brake caliper mounting attachment making it no longer necessary to replace the front steering knuckle/brake caliper mounting adapter when encountering stripped threads. The following information provides the repair procedure for using the Brake Knuckle Thread Repair Kit.
1. Place the vehicle on an appropriate hoist.
2. Remove the front tire/wheel assembly.
3. Remove the brake caliper housing assembly by loosening the mounting bolts.
NOTE: IF HIGH TORQUE IS ENCOUNTERED DURING THE MOUNTING BOLT REMOVAL, IT IS LIKELY THAT THREAD DAMAGE WILL OCCUR OR HAS OCCURRED.
4. Remove the caliper housing assembly and hang the housing on the frame of the vehicle using an appropriate wire hanger.
NOTE: DO NOT ALLOW THE CALIPER HOUSING TO HANG BY ITSELF FROM THE BRAKE HOSE AS DAMAGE TO THE HOSE MAY RESULT.
5. If the vehicle has a bolt-on brake caliper mounting adapter, remove the adapter. If the brake caliper mounts directly to the steering knuckle, remove retainers on the wheel studs and remove the rotor.
6. Inspect the mounting bolts and knuckle threads for damage. If either is damaged, it is likely that damage to the other has occurred as well. If damage has occurred to the threads in the form of knicks, thread pulling, or cross-threading, perform the Repair Procedure.
AR (1) 05016156AA Insert, Heli-Coil, M9 X 1.25
AR (1) 04886075AA Bolts, Caliper Housing Mounting
AR (1) 05016155AA Kit, Brake Knuckle Thread Repair
23/64 Drill Bit
M9 X 1.25 Tap
Heli-Coil Installation Tool
Heli-Coil Tang Break-Off Rod
(25) M9 X 1.25 Stainless Steel Heli-Coils
1. Using the 23/64 in. drill, drill through the brake caliper mounting attachment hole keeping the drill perpendicular to the knuckle.
2. Using the M9 X 1.25 tap, tap the drilled hole ensuring to tap the hole entirely through.
3. Install a Heli-Coil insert onto the installation tool (tool number 3747-9). Be sure the tang is properly engaged into the driving contour of the tool.
4. Install the Heli-Coil into the drilled/tapped hole by rotating the tool and exerting slight pressure onto the tool/Heli-Coil and into the drilled/tapped hole. Continue to rotate the tool until the insert is located 1/4 to 1/2 turn below the steering knuckle surface.
5. Back the Heli-Coil installation tool out of the installed Heli-Coil. Then, remove the tang from the Heli-Coil by breaking the tang off using the tang break-off tool. Place the break-off tool into the assembled insert until it rests on the Heli-Coil tang. Holding the tool squarely, strike the tool sharply with a hammer.
6. If the vehicle has a bolt-on brake caliper mounting adapter, install the adapter. Refer to the appropriate Service Manual for information regarding proper brake caliper adapter mounting information. If the brake caliper mounts directly to the steering knuckle, install the rotor.
7. Install the caliper using new mounting bolts p/n 04886075AA in any location that had a Heli-Coil installed. Tighten the bolts to 30 - 35 N.m (22-26 ft. lbs.).
8. Install the tire/wheel assembly.
9. Lower the vehicle.
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No:
05-80-20-93 Brake Caliper Mounting Support Thread Repair,
Left Side 0.4 Hrs.
05-80-20-94 Brake Caliper Mounting Support Thread Repair,
Right Side 0.4 Hrs.
05-80-20-50 Brake Caliper Mounting Support Thread
Repair, Each Additional Same Side 0.1 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: XX - Service Adjustment