problem with factory lug nuts on 2005 Magnum RT - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Magnum Talk > Dodge Magnum - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

DECOBILL

problem with factory lug nuts on 2005 Magnum RT - Posted: 04-15-2007, 09:59 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Has anyone had a problem with the factory lug nuts on 2005 Magnum RT? Mine are 2 part units and the outer caps have become damaged and have fallen off from constantly changing and rotating tires due to alignment problems from birth. I had one missing when I went in for my latest set of tires and the guy ruined 7 more trying to get them off. Is he doing something wrong or is this a common problem? Any suggestions for brands of solid body replacements? Thanks, Bill
Removed Body Side Moldings
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Strykker

Posted: 04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
City: Maryland
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Everyone should replace the stock stuff they are crap. You should be able to get replacements cheap at any good Tire Store or Auto Supply.

Mine have this info stamped on them: 14X1.5 H/D $3.00 a lug.

Magnum Owners Club Member"
"05' R/T Inferno Red/Brilliant Black"

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

nc-sxt

Posted: 04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Many autos use these crappy 2 piece lugs. Make sure your shop used a 21mm socket. Not using the right size will cause the jacket to come off.
Just replace them with solid gorilla nuts.

FL3JM

Posted: 05-03-2007, 12:12 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-sxt
...solid gorilla nuts.

po_wagon

huhh...he said gorilla - Posted: 08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
05 Magnum RT AWD
City: Hamilton
State: VA
Post #5

huhhh he said gorilla..

05 MAG RT

Posted: 08-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Bronze Member
City: Las Vegas
State: NV
View This User's Garage
Post #6

This is what's needed and at the best price, trust me: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku
Comes with very strong/secure locks too.

4x4_guy

Posted: 09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
City: Fayetteville, Arkansas
State: AR
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

the sockets that dodge uses are two piece lug nuts....they come with a crome cap over the actual lug nut..these swell up a lot and they are a pain in the butt to remove from the car and the socket you use...the tech is using the right size socket its just the plastic caps are swelling up for some stupid reason or another...the only way to avoid buying new lug nuts...is to have the tech take the chrome caps off the lug nut...it will save you about $100 at the dealership...i got about 200 of these lug nuts without the cheap chrome plastic caps and they work just fine but are gold not chrome...

-Jesse-

~Jesse~

venom9

Posted: 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
City: Washington, DC
Post #8

i feel you brah... same thing happen to me not even a week ago, ordered tires from tire rack went to merchants tire to get them mounted, the shop guy caught hell trying to get the lugs off, ruined 4 of them, and the other ones are a little worse for wear. looking for replacements now, any ideas?

4x4_guy

Posted: 10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
City: Fayetteville, Arkansas
State: AR
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

well the price for those lug nuts from a dealer are $8 but you can save yourself a lot of money by taking the chrome caps off of the lug nut and put the lug nut back on without the chrome cap...yeah it might look bad but is it worth spending like $160 in lug nuts???..to me i dont think so but i got about 100 or so lug nuts in my toolbox at work cuz people just replace them and think that the lug nuts are ruined for good but they are not...just my opinion

-Jesse-

~Jesse~
Closed Thread