Fold Down Back Seat Quad Cab?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > General Topic Forums > Mobile Audio & Electronics Talk

Closed Thread

b_bruton77

Fold Down Back Seat Quad Cab?? - Posted: 04-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Post #1

I have seen where it is possible to make your back seat fold down so that you can mount your amps to the back wall of the cab. Can someone help me out on how to do this or tell me where I can find the thread that explains how to do it. Also, what does it mean when they say they didn't cover up the vents? Thanks for everyones help.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
City: Pearland Tx.
State: TX
Post #2

Loosen your 4 bolts that hold the rear seat. Then slightly lift up on the rear of your seat , as you do this fold up the bottom as if you were trying to acces your storage area. This will release the seat from the rear wall. At this point you can fold down your rear seat (it will unlatch) When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.

67Cuda

Posted: 04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Tape On
City: Livermore, CA
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ht Rambler
Loosen your 4 bolts that hold the rear seat. Then slightly lift up on the rear of your seat , as you do this fold up the bottom as if you were trying to acces your storage area. This will release the seat from the rear wall. At this point you can fold down your rear seat (it will unlatch) When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.
So with doing that, will the rear seat back fold down when lifting up on the rear seat and it all will fold forward?
Vararam Intake
Hellwig Swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Step Bar
All Terrain T/A's
Sirius Radio
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Cuda
So with doing that, will the rear seat back fold down when lifting up on the rear seat and it all will fold forward?
YEP !

offroadgenius06

Posted: 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
City: Sweeny
Post #5

hey man u wouldnt happen to have ne pics of this..would u

offroadzj

Posted: 04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Former Ram owner
City: Latham, NY
State: NY
Post #6

sorry to hijack, but will it always fold down together, or will I still be able to just lift the lower seat while leaving the back still up?

offroadzj

Posted: 04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Former Ram owner
City: Latham, NY
State: NY
Post #7

nvmd... i have a 2000... dogh. Doesnt quite work the same.

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Post #8

Yep , I'll post'em tonight !

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Post #9

Ain't much to see but here..............

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Post #10

I'm actuaaly redoing the amp rack!! So don't laugh .............

offroadgenius06

Posted: 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Post #11

hey man nice job that looks pretty sick..man dude im about 45 mins away from you in a little town called sweeny..well Lake Jackson....pretty sick job tho if u dont mind tho man not trying to bug lemme check out your subs how did u mount them up

Ht Rambler

Posted: 04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Post #12

No problem man , way way back when I was in high school down in dickinson tx. we played sweeny. i think it was a 2a or 3a school then.

jhunt1

Posted: 04-28-2007, 08:11 PM
City: Sheppard AFB, TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ht Rambler
When you look at the back wall you will see 2 hooks that holds the seat in place.Remove theese hooks and reinstall them upside down. Latch the seat back & bolt it down.

My hooks are wielded in, were yours?
5.9 Gassers Club Member #32
BLUE Truck Club Member #115

03 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L Quad Cab Short Bed.
K&N Replacement Filter
Stainless Steel T-Rex Nerf Bars

Future Mods:
Custom Dual Exhaust
Chrome Fender Trim
Stereo Equipment (Looking for a box)
New Tires (295/45R20)
2" Front Lift

Possible Future Mods (depends on the budget):
Super Chips
Shift kit

joefox

Posted: 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
City: Houma
State: LA
Post #14

Its not the hooks on the seat. Its the "loops" on the back wall that they hook onto. You need to remove the screws, flip them over, and put the screws back.

jhunt1

Posted: 04-28-2007, 09:46 PM
City: Sheppard AFB, TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #15

ahhh, dang it!!! I put it all back together... oh well learning experience lol

Thanks
5.9 Gassers Club Member #32
BLUE Truck Club Member #115

03 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L Quad Cab Short Bed.
K&N Replacement Filter
Stainless Steel T-Rex Nerf Bars

Future Mods:
Custom Dual Exhaust
Chrome Fender Trim
Stereo Equipment (Looking for a box)
New Tires (295/45R20)
2" Front Lift

Possible Future Mods (depends on the budget):
Super Chips
Shift kit

SKINNI

Posted: 04-30-2007, 11:32 PM
City: SHREVEPORT
Post #16

SO DOES THE SEAT BACK HOOK BACK ON WHEN U FOLD IT BACK UP & IF SO HOW? GETTING EVERYTHING INSTALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING & MY INSTALLER NEEDS TO KNOW.

FOXBOX ABOUT TO ROCK THE BLOCK

offroadgenius06

Posted: 04-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Post #17

ya man 3a little school..lol thanx for the help tho im about to drop the new kicker compvt in it should slam harder..one question what subs do i need if i have a kicker 1250 mono block?? 4 ohm or 2 ohm>>

67Cuda

Posted: 04-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Tape On
City: Livermore, CA
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNI
SO DOES THE SEAT BACK HOOK BACK ON WHEN U FOLD IT BACK UP & IF SO HOW? GETTING EVERYTHING INSTALLED FIRST THING IN THE MORNING & MY INSTALLER NEEDS TO KNOW.

FOXBOX ABOUT TO ROCK THE BLOCK

Re-read post 3 and 4.
Vararam Intake
Hellwig Swaybar
Bilstein Shocks
Step Bar
All Terrain T/A's
Sirius Radio

SKINNI

Posted: 04-30-2007, 11:39 PM
City: SHREVEPORT
Post #19

4 Ohm Subs So U Can Run The Amp At 1 Ohm

offroadgenius06

Posted: 04-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Post #20

aight thanx man i figured that i just didnt wanna do the wrong thing and screw myself over..ne other good ideas??
Closed Thread