Fake Hemi WHY, WHY, WHY??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

ChromeDubz

Cool Fake Hemi WHY, WHY, WHY??? - Posted: 09-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Bling bling consultant :)
City: Las Vegas
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Okay, I love the hemi just as much as the next guy, and yes, I'm only rollin' a V6. Obviously I wish it was a hemi, but the fact remains that it IS NOT A HEMI. I would never lie about it, even with my completely shaved truck. So why is it that a guy in my neighborhood specifically told me that he didn't have a hemi, all of a sudden have hemi badges??? I saw it the day it came home, and there were no hemi badges on there. I say again, Fake Hemi WHY, WHY, WHY??? Come on people, life isn't so bad without the hemi that you gotta lie about it. Geez...Okay, rant over now and I'm back to my happy go lucky self.

Dodgetalk Truck of the Month Oct. '03

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8-6.1L sub 5 second 0-60 4DR luxury car SLEEPER!!!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Shanes66

Posted: 09-27-2003, 07:22 PM
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
City: Ocean Springs
State: MS
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

What's worse is anybody that races him, is going to waste him. Then they are going to start talking trash about the HEMI.
Of course it will make their next meeting with a real HEMI very embarrassing.

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

LittleBull

Posted: 09-27-2003, 07:58 PM
City: Jacksonville
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Does that bother you???

Mabe I'll get a few of them and put them
on my truck just to make REAL hemi's
look bad.

"02" 4.7 4x2 LWB Ram, HO cam set

4.56:1 gear set, Hellweg swaybar

Bilstein shocks, BF Goodrich all terrain tires

PML differential cover, PML transmission pan

Smittybilt pushbar w/ KC offroad lights, KC backup lights

Uniden cb radio, Xantrex power inverter

WeatherTech in channel visors, Painted calipers

Spray in bed liner, 2.5 in. front coil spacers

Westen Nerfbars, Bushwacker OEM fender flares

ChromeDubz

Posted: 09-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Bling bling consultant :)
City: Las Vegas
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Shanes66
What's worse is anybody that races him, is going to waste him. Then they are going to start talking trash about the HEMI.
Of course it will make their next meeting with a real HEMI very embarrassing.
Very true...Talk about a false sense of security!

Dodgetalk Truck of the Month Oct. '03

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8-6.1L sub 5 second 0-60 4DR luxury car SLEEPER!!!

dodge tomahawk

Posted: 09-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Silver Member
Post #5

its called self gratification...he feels better now all over little badges..i guess he doesnt understand the mechanics behind the tin badge

thekingofpain

Posted: 09-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Ultimate member
City: Laguna Beach Ca
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

A little piece of plastic instantly adds 100hp (or more) and no ones the wiser unless the hoods popped or the gaspedals mashed (easily avoided)

:-)

manueljlg

Posted: 09-27-2003, 10:02 PM
City: Mexico
State: MEXICO
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

If I had a HEMI on my truck, I would remove the Badges. I΄m building up my truck for my own gratification, I don΄t care what other people think about it.

KB112

Posted: 09-27-2003, 10:05 PM
City: Brentwood Nor Cal
State: CA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #8

Yeah...it is kinda irritating Dubz...lol. There was this kid in my neighborhood a few years back that put GT badges all over his 80's Mustang LX. I was like, "C'mon man." All he did was add a rear spoiler to the hatch and add a few badges and instantly his car went from 4 to 8 cylinders...lol. To me its kinda like buying cheap shoes at Walmart then having your Mom stitch Nike swooshes on the side! I'd be more content with what I got than to "lie" to myself.

KB
Exterior: Blacked Out 06-20"s, 295/50-20 Falkens, 2/4 Drop - Hotchkis coils/DJM Flip, Sport Conversion, Mopar Air Dam, Good Hood, ARE Cover, Rollpan, Mopar fuel door, LED 3rd Brakelight, Black Headlights, HID Fogs, Powdercoated Black SS Grille, Homebrew Powdercoated bumper grill with smoked turn signals
Interior: Infinity pkg, Slammed1 Bezel, BedRug, SRT Pillar
Performance: Hotchkis F/R SwayBars, Bilsteins, MIT tube, AEM Wideband, Comp 260, 6.1L Pushrods, 6.1L Exhaust Springs, QTP Cutout, Super Chips, NGK 4306s, Taylor Wires, TransGo Shift Kit, AT3030, CalTracs.
Awaiting Install:Thorley Mid's

blackram2003

Posted: 09-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Booger
City: Alamogordo
State: NM
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

I guess some people just need that kind of security for some odd reason. I've had two guys buy the V8 Mag after I did and they pulled thie grills out and stuck the Hemi grill in there and threw Hemi badges on the side...one of the guys even messed up and made it offset a bit! I'm very happy with what I got; might throw a few little upgrades on here and there, but it won't be a Hemi badge!

Haddy

Posted: 09-28-2003, 12:15 AM
ThunderRoad
State: MS
Post #10

Didnt you guys know that the badge has special glue that adds a few cylinders

mopar fan

Posted: 09-28-2003, 05:17 AM
Retired DT Admin
City: Milan
State: PA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #11

Yea special glue, but only if you sniff it! lol

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

billfisher

Talking  Posted: 09-28-2003, 07:25 AM
City: Michigan
State: MI
Post #12

I guess me have now found the new "best mod", and to think of all the money us 5.9 owners are going to save not spending cash on TB, CAI's and mufflers. javascript:smilie('')

bpeveto

Posted: 09-28-2003, 08:32 AM
State: TX
Post #13

Is "pathetisad" a word? It's just another case of HEMI envy.

JVMontero

Posted: 09-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Post #14

just you guys wait till i get my hands on srt-10 badges... THEN I WILL SMOKE ALL OF YOU WITH THE ADDED 300+ HP

maybe dodge can make SRT-6 badges lol

- Jude

Interior:
None

Exterior:
Limo Tint
Mopar Billet Grille
Silverstar Headlights

Engine:
None
------------
Coming soon: New headunit, roll pan, and StreetScene bumper... hopefully

bpeveto

Posted: 09-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Post #15

Oh! So you want to play that game? I'll just have to use duct tape and spell out "SR 71 Black Bird". I wounder if duct tape will hold on at Mach 3+?

dodge tomahawk

Posted: 09-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Silver Member
Post #16

i love that plane...fastest ever built,originally designed for bombing,then went for high altitude spying over russia and china,all they could do is watch it enter their airspace,take its pictures and leave...lol

JusCuzRam

Posted: 09-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
City: Gray
State: LA
View This User's Gallery
Post #17

Its all those ricers fault. If they wouldn't have started putting VTEC and NOS stickers all over their grocery getters to make them go faster then the Dodge world would never have gotten infected by this foolishness. Hmmm...maybe the ricers should try HEMI badges, that would make them unstoppable. Probably add about 3000 HP at the rear wheels!

2006 Nissan Titan SE KC
Big Tow
NCD 2.5" Leveling kit
18" Moto Metal 951
Nitto Terra Grappler 285/65-18
Magnaflow Duals
Hurst T-Handle
T-Rex Billet Grille Inserts
Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Head
Memphis MClass 10s
Memphis SC 1.500 Amp
Memphis MClass 6x9s
Memphis Tweets
Autotek SS490.4 Amp

Gone...But DEFINITELY Not Forgotten...
1997 5.2 Ram
Panasonic CQ-C8300U Head
Autotek Super Sport SS490.4 Amp
Memphis 6x9s
Memphis Tweets
Memphis MClass 12
Stinger Wiring
Optima Red Top Battery
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
K&N Drop In
Autolite Platinum AP3923s
Rhino Spray-In Over the Rails
Clear corners
Billet grille inserts
Silverstars
Blue Street Glow Gold Series Underbodies
Blue Neon Interior Glow
White Face Reverse Glow Gauges
Lite Glow Alarm Scanners
Color-Matched Painted Interior Trim
Custom switch panel
Air Horn

HEMI RACER

Posted: 09-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Street Racer
City: Spartanburg
State: SC
Post #18

thats nothing guys, when i was in NC for the day i saw a 03 ram HEMI that was de-baged and the guy had VTECH decals on it!!!!
OMG why, it looked as if he wanted to realy make some one belive it was a VTECH. i was on the hichway but i was in a teaffic jam beside this kid. i could tell it was a hemi from where the badges used to be , just a little square sratch.

KILLS:
94-97 Acura Integra 5-speed manual, lowering kit, custom wheels, tires, Supercharger, cat-back exhaust.

94-98 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5-speed manual (stock).

00-03 Chevy S-10 Extreme (stock)

95-97 Mazda MX-6 2.5L v6, 5-speed manual (stock)

00-03 Mazda Protage 5-door, 5-speed manual (stock)

87-89 Nissan 300zx, 5-speed manual, cat-back exhaust, intake

02-03 Masda MP3, 5-speed manual, full exhaust, intake

RedRam20s

Posted: 09-28-2003, 02:31 PM
City: Pilot Point TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #19

I saw something just like that the other day. When I was walking to class I saw a black sport 1500 parked, and it had the HEMI badge, but it also had the SLT emblem on the side of the truck behind the rear QC door, which was only in the 2002 model year. So either they got a HEMI badge or moved the SLT.. Weird...

2012 1500 CC 5.7L 4x4
Deep Cherry Red
Leather
430N Nav
Tow Mirrors
ParkSense
Alpine

blackram2003

Posted: 09-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Booger
City: Alamogordo
State: NM
View This User's Gallery
Post #20

Well, it could be worse I suppose. It could have been lowered to the ground with a spoiler somehow attached to the back, have some of theose crazy tribal stickers put on the side of it, pink neon glow strip around the license plate and have one of those "My kid is on the honor roll" stickers in the back window! Oh my god, I scare myself sometimes!!!