Replace antenna wire - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

vakers

Replace antenna wire - Posted: 03-16-2007, 08:03 AM
VAkers
City: Humble
State: TX
Post #1

Last night I had my truck broken into and my aftermarket stereo stolen. In the process of taking the stereo the antenna wire was stripped and the end ripped off so when I went to install my factory stereo, I can't plug in the antenna so for now I can only listen to CD's. How hard is it to replace the antenna wire and does anyone have a diagram?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

maka

Posted: 03-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Yea, It's a Hemi
City: oak harbor
State: WA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

welcome to my club... same thing happened to me about 7 months ago... I miss my radio, I just bought a replacement from a member named Grayson who only had one and I havent recieved it yet nor have I heard from him and its been a week. I suggest you go to the local junk yards, or maybe the dealership or a vendor on this site Art might the item number. To replace it is a long story, I am going to run mine differently than factory so I do not have to remove the entire dash. Remove you lower kicker panel on your passanger side floor and you will see where it plugs in at, plug the new one in from there and your good to go.

Mopar sport performance hood , 2/4 drop bell tech street performance shocks, bell tech track bar relocater, Bully dog GT, chrome SRT-10 replica 22s, AFE CAI, catch can, Magnaflow 12288 with removed resonators, RER Nav stereo with allgig and backup camera,
Black weather tech floor mats, strobe lights in tails and heads

RED TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #18

Waiting to be installed:
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

vakers

Posted: 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
VAkers
City: Humble
Post #3

Thanks Maka, I ordered my replacement antenna cable from the dealer, should be here tomorrow and I hope to get the radio back on then. I appriciate the information on locating the antenna connection.

Grayson

Posted: 03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
City: San Antonio
Post #4

Maka,

Sorry dude, I haven't gotten back to you. You should be getting it this week.

maka

Posted: 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Yea, It's a Hemi
City: oak harbor
State: WA
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakers
Thanks Maka, I ordered my replacement antenna cable from the dealer, should be here tomorrow and I hope to get the radio back on then. I appriciate the information on locating the antenna connection.
awesome I just got mine in and fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson
Maka,

Sorry dude, I haven't gotten back to you. You should be getting it this week.
its cool, got it today, thanks

Mopar sport performance hood , 2/4 drop bell tech street performance shocks, bell tech track bar relocater, Bully dog GT, chrome SRT-10 replica 22s, AFE CAI, catch can, Magnaflow 12288 with removed resonators, RER Nav stereo with allgig and backup camera,
Black weather tech floor mats, strobe lights in tails and heads

RED TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #18

Waiting to be installed:
Closed Thread