Replace antenna wire - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 AM
vakers
VAkers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Replace antenna wire

Last night I had my truck broken into and my aftermarket stereo stolen. In the process of taking the stereo the antenna wire was stripped and the end ripped off so when I went to install my factory stereo, I can't plug in the antenna so for now I can only listen to CD's. How hard is it to replace the antenna wire and does anyone have a diagram?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM
maka
Yea, It's a Hemi

welcome to my club... same thing happened to me about 7 months ago... I miss my radio, I just bought a replacement from a member named Grayson who only had one and I havent recieved it yet nor have I heard from him and its been a week. I suggest you go to the local junk yards, or maybe the dealership or a vendor on this site Art might the item number. To replace it is a long story, I am going to run mine differently than factory so I do not have to remove the entire dash. Remove you lower kicker panel on your passanger side floor and you will see where it plugs in at, plug the new one in from there and your good to go.

'12 Reg Cab Short Bed 5.7 Hemi Sport Deep Cherry Red Metallic

Mopar sport performance hood , 2/4 drop bell tech street performance shocks, bell tech track bar relocater, Bully dog GT, chrome SRT-10 replica 22s, AFE CAI, catch can, Magnaflow 12288 with removed resonators, RER Nav stereo with allgig and backup camera,
Black weather tech floor mats, strobe lights in tails and heads

RED TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #18

Waiting to be installed:
#3 Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
vakers
VAkers

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Maka, I ordered my replacement antenna cable from the dealer, should be here tomorrow and I hope to get the radio back on then. I appriciate the information on locating the antenna connection.
#4 Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Grayson

Maka,

Sorry dude, I haven't gotten back to you. You should be getting it this week.

I hate the classifieds.
#5 Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 PM
maka
Yea, It's a Hemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakers
Thanks Maka, I ordered my replacement antenna cable from the dealer, should be here tomorrow and I hope to get the radio back on then. I appriciate the information on locating the antenna connection.
awesome I just got mine in and fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson
Maka,

Sorry dude, I haven't gotten back to you. You should be getting it this week.
its cool, got it today, thanks

'12 Reg Cab Short Bed 5.7 Hemi Sport Deep Cherry Red Metallic

Mopar sport performance hood , 2/4 drop bell tech street performance shocks, bell tech track bar relocater, Bully dog GT, chrome SRT-10 replica 22s, AFE CAI, catch can, Magnaflow 12288 with removed resonators, RER Nav stereo with allgig and backup camera,
Black weather tech floor mats, strobe lights in tails and heads

RED TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #18

Waiting to be installed:
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.