Bad vibration while slowing down - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

buckgtr

Bad vibration while slowing down - Posted: 03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Ok I need some help! I have a 05 2500 CTD has a six inch susp lift with 37 inch toyo's. I have not had a problem for 32000 miles until last night. I had just pulled off the highway and began to slow down when my truck began to shake and vibrate. It came on all of a sudden. It does it at lower speeds. Nothing seems to happen when excellerating just when slowing down. Doesn't matter if your in gear(6sp) or in neutral. I don't feel it in the steering wheel just the body. I thought it was in the front end but I took it to the place that put on the lift etc and they thought it was in the rear. After 4 hours they couldn't figure it out, checked all the specs and they were good. They suggested I should take it to the dealer. Which I did, I have an appt for thurs3/15. Anyone have any ideas what it would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

paulgaard

Posted: 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Post #2

I had the same problem, took it to a tire shop and they machined down the brake rotors for $70 and everything was fine
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

bonzai

Posted: 03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
City: El Paso
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

It does sound like bad rotors.

john.colorado

Posted: 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Lifted HEMI 4x4
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

sounds like warped rotors

lets see some pics of your lifted CTD man

slammed1

Posted: 03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
City: FORT SMITH
State: AR
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

do you have blocks in the rear for lift??

reason I ask is that 3" or larger blocks can contribute to axle wrap,which can happen slowing down,causing the leafs to start to wrap up.......causing a truck to vibrate.

just a thought

warped rear rotors can also be a culprit.........them not figuring it out is not a good sign.....for them anyway.
Closed Thread