Bad vibration while slowing down - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
buckgtr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bad vibration while slowing down

Ok I need some help! I have a 05 2500 CTD has a six inch susp lift with 37 inch toyo's. I have not had a problem for 32000 miles until last night. I had just pulled off the highway and began to slow down when my truck began to shake and vibrate. It came on all of a sudden. It does it at lower speeds. Nothing seems to happen when excellerating just when slowing down. Doesn't matter if your in gear(6sp) or in neutral. I don't feel it in the steering wheel just the body. I thought it was in the front end but I took it to the place that put on the lift etc and they thought it was in the rear. After 4 hours they couldn't figure it out, checked all the specs and they were good. They suggested I should take it to the dealer. Which I did, I have an appt for thurs3/15. Anyone have any ideas what it would be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
paulgaard

I had the same problem, took it to a tire shop and they machined down the brake rotors for $70 and everything was fine
#3 Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
bonzai

It does sound like bad rotors.

2003 DODGE RAM QC
#4 Old 03-13-2007, 11:43 PM
john.colorado
Lifted HEMI 4x4

sounds like warped rotors

lets see some pics of your lifted CTD man
#5 Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
slammed1

do you have blocks in the rear for lift??

reason I ask is that 3" or larger blocks can contribute to axle wrap,which can happen slowing down,causing the leafs to start to wrap up.......causing a truck to vibrate.

just a thought

warped rear rotors can also be a culprit.........them not figuring it out is not a good sign.....for them anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.