where are input/output speed sensors? 2000 Caravan - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

sillychick

where are input/output speed sensors? 2000 Caravan - Posted: 03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Like so many others I've read about here, the speedo went out and then the check engine light came on and I'm in 'limp mode". Tried using the ignition switch to get trouble codes but I must not be doing something right...never did get 'sof' first, only flashes 55 and it never said 'end' either. Anyway, hubby does some repairs but we can't find a thing about where those sensors are located in the lousy Chilton manual. Would like to cover all possible bases before taking it to the shop for repairs. Can anyone tell me where the speed sensors are located? Thanks. PS Pulled the IOD - no change.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

sillychick

Posted: 04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Since this website has saved us hundreds of dollars in repairs on this transmission I thought I'd update my post in hopes to help other Caravan owners!

My husband replaced the intake speed sensor and the transmission problems (and the speedometer and guages not working) were cured, check engine light went off and the gears were changing smoothly. Yesterday I was leaving the house and noticed the transmission really thunked when I changed gears. Got to the end of the block and noticed I was in limp mode again, went back home and broke the news. Replaced the outake speed sensor and in one hour was good to go, tranny shifting fine again, no problems. Luckily, he had picked up both sensors when the first one went out and just hadn't returned the outtake yet. So his suggestion, if one speed sensor goes out, just go ahead and replace them both! It was an extremely cheap fix, $16.99 each at Autozone. I shudder to think what kind of bill a tranny shop might have tried to stick me with!! Can't help but wonder though... is this a sign of things to come? Is there something that has caused the sensors to go bad or do they just eventually fail? Anyone know?

We are both so thrilled to have found this information on DODGETALK forum and wanna say THANK YOU!!! And thanks to everyone who bothered to go back and post a follow up on their repairs. Must say though, that after reading all of these potentially scary transmission problems I wish I could sell the thing and buy something else!!!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread