Keys Locked In Truck - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

Budd

Keys Locked In Truck - Posted: 03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
State: MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Well my face is red now... Went in truck, through passenger door to turn on radio. Closed door, not thinking it was locked.. Normally I have my spare key on me. Go figure tonight I dont..
I don't want to spend $75 having someone come out to unlock my door again.. The door is only shut part way,
Can I get ANY help on this one?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

McCready6569

Posted: 03-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
City: Washington
View This User's Garage
Post #2

yes, take a coat hangar and make it perfectly straight with the end having a curve about 3 inches long, pull back on the weatherstripping by the lock on your drivers side and just stick the hangar down and pull it up and down all over and eventually you should get the rod that will unlock, you have to lift up on it to get it to unlock, did it to mine once before.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

HEMI450HP

Posted: 03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Moe's Performance
City: Conroe, TX
State: TX
View This User's Timeslip View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #3

I have also used a coat hanger. Just make a hook on the end, slide it though the weatherstripping like mentioned above, and hook the handle and pull up.

RAM MAN

Posted: 03-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Originating Member
City: Haslett
Post #4

after this happened to me, I made a copy of the key and put it in my wallet ...

just a thought

good luck

McCready6569

Posted: 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
City: Washington
View This User's Garage
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM MAN

just a thought

good luck
What im going to do is get a copy of my key, and hang it on the hinge on the fuel door with wire to where its not visible by opening the fuel door, you just have to stick your hand back there and unravel the wire.

GC714

Posted: 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
:D Hello!!!
City: Morriston
State: FL
View This User's Timeslip
Post #6

Do you have power locks? If so did you use them that time? I understand that the doors will not lock by the power switch with the key in the ignition.

Budd

Posted: 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Post #7

Quote:

just a thought

good luck

LOL ... That's what I did, and I actually forgot my wallet on my way to work.. That is very rare in my case, but it happened.
And this is what happens the one day outta the year I forget to grab my wallet.

Had a freind cover my shift for 20 minutes, while I went home and grabbed the spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC714
Do you have power locks? If so did you use them that time?
No, far as I can remember I didn't touch the lock buttons.

Hemi Dog

Posted: 03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
City: Huntington Beach, CA
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

If you're an Auto Club member they'll make you a "credit card key" for free. It's a plastic key that folds into a credit card sized piece of plastic.

You can keep it in your wallet and it will get you in the door at least, (not supposed to work on the ignition). Auto Club does it for free because it's a lot cheaper then sending the tow truck out to open you truck when you lock the keys inside.
2004 Ram 1500 Quad Hemi - Airaid Cold Air Intake - Gibson single cat back - Monroe Reflex shocks all around - XM Radio - Custom Painted Dash Bezel - Viper A/C and Radio Knobs - 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on Crager soft 8's - Go Rhino Step Bars - Wide mouth black billet grill - Line-X'ed front & rear bumpers - Slammed One 2" Drop Shackles -

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
Arise - Kill - Eat ACTS 10:13

macleoud

Posted: 03-04-2007, 10:09 PM
State: MO
Post #9

Quote:

just a thought

good luck
LOL Me too!!!!!
Line-x Bed liner//Recon Line of Fire//
Amsoil 5w-20 & oil Filter//
4th Gen Truck Club # 12//Hemi Owners Club #2012
Black Truck Club #2012 //Quad Cab Club #2012
Military Truck Club #12 Semper Fi

TREP R/T

Posted: 03-05-2007, 02:31 AM
HEMI ADDICT
City: Windsor, Ontario
State: ON
View This User's Gallery
Post #10

I hear this time and time again. I have read somewhere that if you have another set available, which of course you never have on you. Call home and have whoever find your second set and tell them to press on the key fob the unlock button while holding it to the phone while you are in your truck, it is supposed to unlock your truck with the radio waves through the phone. Its supposed to work. I have not tried it myself but hey, what do you have to lose. You could try it in your drive way.
Mopar hard tonneau cover,
AERO-TURBINE 3030 Muffler (No Res)
Powder coated matte Black 4" tips
SRT HOOD
Mopar chrome gas filler door
AIRRAM Jet Stream Scoop
AIRRAM PowerWire
Mobile1 5w/20 synthetic oil
Altezza tinted Chrome Euro Tail Lights
RAMHAMMER CAI

funinak

Posted: 03-05-2007, 02:41 AM
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
City: Sunny Palmer, ALASKA
State: AK
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREP R/T
I hear this time and time again. I have read somewhere that if you have another set available, which of course you never have on you. Call home and have whoever find your second set and tell them to press on the key fob the unlock button while holding it to the phone while you are in your truck, it is supposed to unlock your truck with the radio waves through the phone. Its supposed to work. I have not tried it myself but hey, what do you have to lose. You could try it in your drive way.
Unfortunatly that story is ANOTHER urban legend that is BOGUS

TREP R/T

Posted: 03-05-2007, 02:53 AM
HEMI ADDICT
City: Windsor, Ontario
State: ON
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

I tried!
Mopar hard tonneau cover,
AERO-TURBINE 3030 Muffler (No Res)
Powder coated matte Black 4" tips
SRT HOOD
Mopar chrome gas filler door
AIRRAM Jet Stream Scoop
AIRRAM PowerWire
Mobile1 5w/20 synthetic oil
Altezza tinted Chrome Euro Tail Lights
RAMHAMMER CAI

JoelJr

Posted: 03-05-2007, 07:32 AM
City: Bridgewater
State: MA
View This User's Garage
Post #13

I have also locked my keys in my truck at work. I used a coat hanger but instead of the doors I used it on the rear slider. Hooked the latch and pulled it up enough so I could slide the window back with my hands. Then I slid thru the window. It was a tight fit but I made it! Hmmm...I just realized that my truck could be broken into this way without the alarm going off. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

christop43

Posted: 03-05-2007, 08:00 AM
EASY $
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCready6569
What im going to do is get a copy of my key, and hang it on the hinge on the fuel door with wire to where its not visible by opening the fuel door, you just have to stick your hand back there and unravel the wire.
Where do you live

Magnum

Posted: 03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Totally Hemi Crazy!
City: Twin Cities area
State: MN
Post #15

Wish I knew where to get one made without joining the Auto Club. Last truck (Chevy Silverado) came with one and it was a life saver once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Dog
If you're an Auto Club member they'll make you a "credit card key" for free. It's a plastic key that folds into a credit card sized piece of plastic.

You can keep it in your wallet and it will get you in the door at least, (not supposed to work on the ignition). Auto Club does it for free because it's a lot cheaper then sending the tow truck out to open you truck when you lock the keys inside.

luvcycles2

Posted: 03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
City: Mastic Beach LI New York
State: NY
Post #16

The phone trick works i did it from 25 miles away

mechtech

Posted: 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
City: Manitoba
State: MB
Post #17

Don't you have Roadside Assistance?Mine is good for 7 years on my 2003.

TruckMan01

Posted: 03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
City: Rocky Hill CT
Post #18

My 03 has a tendency to lock by itself when you are warming up the truck. I got one of the magnetic key boxes. I figure someone can break in faster than looking for a possable key somewhere on the truck.

04hemi2500

Posted: 03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
WYOhemi
City: Wyoming
State: WY
Post #19

i wired a spare key to the underside of my truck...just in case. last time i locked my keys in was on my birthday a couple years ago : ( luckily my neighbor used to be a tow truck driver so he opened it up for me
Black Truck Club Member #91

HerpHandler

Posted: 03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcycles2
The phone trick works i did it from 25 miles away
How did you get this to work??

I have tried many times with different trucks and never got it to work.

The FOB doesnt seem to emit any audible tones that would be needed to be able to be transmitted through a phone line. And it would need to be pretty substantial to get through a cell network.
Closed Thread