P0733 P0734 No 3rd gear! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
AIR_RAM
Senior Member
 
AIR_RAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Homestead Florida
Posts: 9,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P0733 P0734 No 3rd gear!

Well I have my first transmission issue. Today I lost 3rd gear. 1st & 2nd seem to work fine... but as soon as I shift to 3rd gear there is NOTHING there. Here are the codes... anyone have any insite... The fluid level is good so its internal what ever the cause of the problem is.

P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect ratio

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

4.7L PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIAST - DODGE RAM's, DAKOTA's, DURANGO's & JEEP's.
AIR_RAM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like the raw power from your modded 4.7L overwhelmed the 45RFE trans??? The sad part is, that trans probably would have lived forever behind your modded 4.7L without Superchips garbage tuning installed? Let me guess, you were not running SC's when it failed? Too late, damage already done. Good luck man!
dodge3471 is offline  
#3 Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
05Ramhendrix
Ramistered User
 
05Ramhendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Estero
Posts: 6,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Care to elaberate on the Superchips garbage comment?

Scott

2005 QC HEMI * 2wd * PSB Bright Silver * AEM Brute Force Intake * Powerwire * Jetstream Scoop * Stant 14168 180* T-stat * Superchip Flashpaq 3865 w/ Trans Tuning * BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers * Magnaflow Y Pipe * Magnaflow Catback * Motive 4.56 Gears LSD * Rough Country 6" Lift *Moto Metal 951 20x10 *Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55/20 * Alpine Audio

05Ramhendrix is offline  
#4 Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
AIR_RAM
Senior Member
 
AIR_RAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Homestead Florida
Posts: 9,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3471
Sounds like the raw power from your modded 4.7L overwhelmed the 45RFE trans??? The sad part is, that trans probably would have lived forever behind your modded 4.7L without Superchips garbage tuning installed? Let me guess, you were not running SC's when it failed? Too late, damage already done. Good luck man!
You just proved how little you know and how!
Like normal you jump in and have NOTHING to offer but your wise aZZ comments... Im beginning to beleive you have a severe case of 4.7L Magnum ENVY... Really if you would like to go for a ride in a 4.7L ram Im sure there is a member in your area who can help you with that.

Im sorry your weak aZZ HEMI doesnt make enough power to damage your transmission or perhaps you drive like an old lady... Im betting both! Lets get back onto the subject.

I did run the Superchips more than 2 years ago when it first came out and LOVED it! ... but for the last 2 years and 30,000 miles I have been running a FLASHED pcm which had did NOT alter the transmission in any way. The first one was the BG... which was complete TRASH! And the second one does perform much better but still needs to be adjusted some... but neither had ANYTHING to do with the transmission shift points or line pressure which has been on the stock settings for over 30,000 miles. As a matter in fact the BG & the new programer would not even consider to touch the settings on the transmission side of the PCM even though I had asked them many times to do... I have had the TMR mod done for over 50,000 miles... perhaps thats what you where referring to...

Again you have proved your useless in and have nothing to offer other than your weak attempts to attack members. Im starting to wonder if your actually HANKL under an aliass name. You both seem to attack member when ever they disagree with you.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

4.7L PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIAST - DODGE RAM's, DAKOTA's, DURANGO's & JEEP's.

Last edited by AIR_RAM; 01-04-2007 at 12:17 AM.
AIR_RAM is offline  
#5 Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Ramhendrix
Care to elaberate on the Superchips garbage comment?
The shifts are managed (torque management) for a reason, anyone who has torn down a 45RFE/545RFE can tell you how marginal the stock components are to begin with. When additional engine power and torque is produced while at the same time the torque management is reduced or completely eliminated, it is a sure receipt for premature transmission failure, plain and simple.
dodge3471 is offline  
#6 Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_RAM
You just proved how little you know and how!
Like normal you jump in and have NOTHING to offer but your wise aZZ comments... SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
AIR_RAM, I'm sorry to hear about your recent transmission misfortune, I hope you get it going again soon. You are correct in that I have nothing to offer you, mainly because YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING, and are beyond help! The main reason I post is in hopes that a few of the guys that are not completely AIR_RAM brainwashed, start to think on their own again, and make their own unbiased decisions based on information from someone other than someone who is trying to sell them something. By the way, on your new transmission you may want to undo the TRM mod? Just a thought. Peace and good luck brother!
dodge3471 is offline  
#7 Old 01-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Superchipstuner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dodge3471
And he owns a SC tuner.
LOL
Superchipstuner is offline  
#8 Old 01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
dline
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Superchips is dumb!
dline is offline  
#9 Old 01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Superchipstuner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Superchipstuner is offline  
#10 Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchipstuner
dodge3471
And he owns a SC tuner.
LOL
I have had a (borrowed) Superchips tuner and have done a lot of testing with one but, I do not own a Superchips tuner nor would I pay money for that garbage. A Superchips tuner was not installed for any of the 1/4 mile runs in my sig. I run a stock transmission calibration with a tweaked engine calibration with the rev limit bumped to 6300 RPM. For 1/4 mile runs I shift manually at the shift points in my sig.

Explain to me again how you took a stock 89 octane Hemi calibration added spark advance to it, leaned down the air-fuel-ratio, removed all hot coolant and hot inlet air temperature spark retard safeguards, and then called your new calibration a 87 octane calibration or tune.

Then, you didn't stop there because you also in fact called your new 87 octane tune a towing tune as well. Yes, as you admitted when you were called out, the 87 octane tune and the towing tune are exactly the same thing right down to the last bit of hex code on the 2004 and newer Hemi flashpaqs. So what you really have is two tunes, not three. How about a 50% refund for everyone for not delivering everything you promised in the time frame that you promised it in?


I know, I know, BAD SUPERCHIPS!
dodge3471 is offline  
#11 Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dline
Superchips is dumb!
dline your truck is fast, you must have Superchips?

Opps, wrong again!

No Superchips garbage on dlines truck either!
dodge3471 is offline  
#12 Old 01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchipstuner

You guys should spend less time on the forums and more time out in Nevada and Arizona figuring out why your tuning is destroying pistons, engines, and transmissions.
dodge3471 is offline  
#13 Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Blownhemi04
Registered User
 
Blownhemi04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Leander,Tx
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your tranny..I dont have superchips so I will not comment..but mine is in the shop now I threw 5 tranny codes..same ones as you plus more..they are rebuilding it under warranty Thank god for Connections..Good luck

2004 GsMotorsports supercharged Hemi!!!



Transgo Performance shift kit
Holly Fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator
Autometer Fuel pressure guage
Autometer Boost guage
Innovate motorsports Wideband A/F guage
And other minor mods

Blownhemi04 is offline  
#14 Old 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM
dline
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3471
dline your truck is fast, you must have Superchips?

Opps, wrong again!

No Superchips garbage on dlines truck either!
I don't???? darn it...crap...oh well
dline is offline  
#15 Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 PM
05Ramhendrix
Ramistered User
 
05Ramhendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Estero
Posts: 6,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3471
dline your truck is fast, you must have Superchips?

Opps, wrong again!

No Superchips garbage on dlines truck either!
dodge 3471, I'm sure somewhere deep down is some decency in you. I'm not sure I'm still trying to figure you out. It's pretty sad to take Airrams misfortune to make your stab Superchips. Superchips was never brought up til you decided it was to blame. We know you have the inside knowledge that most of us don't have. Most of us are on this forum to expand our knowledge about the Hemi. Unfortunately, It seems there are many inferior parts that make up the hemi and we have to take matters in our own hands to make it perform like the legecy of the "real" old school hemi was. Why don't you make comments that actually help us out? Maybe you research and findings on superchips make it garbage only because the internal drivetrain parts on the truck are garbage. You work for DC don't you? Maybe you should be embarrassed. Help with peoples frustrations and unfortunate situations if you want to otherwise shut the hell up.

Scott

2005 QC HEMI * 2wd * PSB Bright Silver * AEM Brute Force Intake * Powerwire * Jetstream Scoop * Stant 14168 180* T-stat * Superchip Flashpaq 3865 w/ Trans Tuning * BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers * Magnaflow Y Pipe * Magnaflow Catback * Motive 4.56 Gears LSD * Rough Country 6" Lift *Moto Metal 951 20x10 *Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55/20 * Alpine Audio

05Ramhendrix is offline  
#16 Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM
dline
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
read some of his other posts he helps people out, like how not to use shorty wires....what to do with the keepers on valve springs etc...
dline is offline  
#17 Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 PM
AIR_RAM
Senior Member
 
AIR_RAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Homestead Florida
Posts: 9,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The thing is... SUPERCHIPS has NOTHING to do with my transmission failure.... I think the 85,000 miles of HARD WOT driving had more to do with the failure than the VERY short period of time the Superchips was used... 2 freaking years ago! So really, Superchips has NOTHING to do with this subject. And honestly I feel the TMR mod MAY have more influence on the failure than the Superchips program did... And I don't think its to blame either but its certainly more of a plausible explanation than Superchips is. Fact is Superchips Made more HP than the OVER PRICED BG custom tune did by FAR.... So I wont say Superchips is a bad product at all and honestly felt it was a GREAT mod. Now weather I got Two tunes instead of 3 tunes... I really don't care because I only used the performance setting... So even if it had 5 other settings I only used the one and thats what I paid for!

But again, it has NOTHING to do with my transmission failure.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

4.7L PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIAST - DODGE RAM's, DAKOTA's, DURANGO's & JEEP's.
AIR_RAM is offline  
#18 Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR_RAM
The thing is... SUPERCHIPS has NOTHING to do with my transmission failure.... I think the 85,000 miles of HARD WOT driving had more to do with the failure than the VERY short period of time the Superchips was used... 2 freaking years ago! So really, Superchips has NOTHING to do with this subject. And honestly I feel the TMR mod MAY have more influence on the failure than the Superchips program did... And I don't think its to blame either but its certainly more of a plausible explanation than Superchips is. Fact is Superchips Made more HP than the OVER PRICED BG custom tune did by FAR.... So I wont say Superchips is a bad product at all and honestly felt it was a GREAT mod. Now weather I got Two tunes instead of 3 tunes... I really don't care because I only used the performance setting... So even if it had 5 other settings I only used the one and thats what I paid for!

But again, it has NOTHING to do with my transmission failure.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Nick, you don't by chance SELL SUPERCHIP PROGRAMMERS DO YOU????? Ah, of course they're great. Anything to make a buck! Superchips may not have contributed to your transmission failure but, it sure it didn't help any either. You can take this for what it's worth but, a DCX 45/545RFE transmission calibrator told me personally that "if you do not torque manage the shifts, you will smoke the clutches and burn up the transmission." Good luck brother.

Last edited by dodge3471; 01-05-2007 at 12:09 AM.
dodge3471 is offline  
#19 Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 AM
AIR_RAM
Senior Member
 
AIR_RAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Homestead Florida
Posts: 9,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3471
Nick, you don't by chance SELL SUPERCHIP PROGRAMMERS DO YOU????? Ah, of course they're great. Anything to make a buck! Superchips may not have contributed to your transmission failure but, it sure it didn't help any either. You can take this for what it's worth but, a DCX 45/545RFE transmission calibrator told me personally that "if you do not torque manage the shifts, you will smoke the clutches and burn up the transmission." Good luck brother.
LOL... Honestly you are a VERY un informed and deceiving person... you speak out without thinking about what you say... WAY WAY too often. You have what we call "Lose lips"...

First of all, when I was useing the SUPERCHIPS programer I WAS NOT selling them.FACT! I did NOT start to carry the SUPERCHIPS programers untill mid last year...Nearly 1 year after I removed the programer from my truck. But the entire time I have spoken HIGHLY of the performance gains YEARS prior to me even selling the first one. As a matter in fact I did not even attempt to sell the superchips untill months AFTER I tested a superchips against the CRAP TUNE from BG. When the SUPERCHIPS SPANKED the BG tune by nearly .9 at the track I then began to look into selling them.

So for you to say my Im only defending the SC because I sell them is CRAP and you know it... on the contrary its just the opposite and more like Im selling them because I after my experience with both the SUPERCHIPS and a Custom BG tune I learned the SUPERCHIPS was a better product... And thats when I decided to start carrying them on our site.

"Now you know the rest of the story"

Its too bad your inmature. You take personal cheapshots because you lack anything of value to say... Just like a teenage kid with daddys truck. Ohh well I do remeber when I was a kid... Enjoy it while your young, but remember nobody likes a "Lip Jacker"

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

4.7L PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIAST - DODGE RAM's, DAKOTA's, DURANGO's & JEEP's.

Last edited by AIR_RAM; 01-05-2007 at 12:29 AM.
AIR_RAM is offline  
#20 Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 PM
section8ff
Senior Member
 
section8ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear of your tranny problems...keep us informed...


Dodge Talk Public Servants Club member #1 Resurrected!!!!
Do you serve your community? Join the club, Click Here To Enter

Blue Truck Club Member #255 Proud Member of WCPW Thomas AKA Smokey
Support your local Emergency workers!!!
some of my mods
Would you risk life for $1,000,000? Volunteer firefighters do it for free!

section8ff is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When in Drive it will not shift into 1st gear mustangmike1 2G Dodge RAM - Drivetrain Talk 4 10-24-2006 01:41 PM
starting off in 3rd gear mowen 1G Dodge Durango - Drivetrain Talk 7 06-29-2006 05:49 PM
No 3rd or 4th Gear 04lbram Dodge Dakota 1st Gen (87 -96) Forum 11 11-01-2005 05:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome