"Check Engine" light - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

Alan45

Question "Check Engine" light - Posted: 05-05-2002, 10:36 AM
State: CA
Post #1

I have a 99 D and the check engine light just came on. My D still runs great. Is there an easy fix or am I off to the dealer?

AA
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lucifer

Posted: 05-06-2002, 06:57 AM
City: St. Louis
State: MO
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

First you need to pull the code from the computer to see what's up with the engine. Turn the key to on, off, on, off, on and then look at the digital milage readout. A set of P codes will come up, write them down and then post them here.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Alan45

Posted: 05-06-2002, 07:41 PM
Post #3

I don't have a digital odometer. I tried the other method from allpar.com where the check engine light should blink but that doesn't work either, my check engine light doesn't blink it just stays on.

Any othr ideas?
Thanks,
Alan

Lucifer

Posted: 05-06-2002, 07:51 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

You have a 99 Durango right? The dash should be the same as the Dakota from 97' up, which all have a digital read out on the lower left hand corner of the gauge cluster.

Alan45

Posted: 05-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Yes, It does have the digital odometer. After I sent my reply to you I went out and checked.
Still, I try the on off on off on sequence and it just display's my mileage. I tried doing it quick and slow and everything inbetween but it still dispalys the mileage.
Alan

Lucifer

Exclamation  Posted: 05-06-2002, 08:07 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Try it with same as above but add "off, on". I can't remember off the top of my head if it's one more set or not.

Found this, should be the same for the Durango

Alan45

Posted: 05-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Post #7

I've tried everything ...2,3,4,5,even 6 but nothing but the mileage shows. I even tried switching between the trip and mileage. If I hold the trip reset stick dowm then it displays CHEC but it just stays there until I turn the ignition off. It never does show and codes or anyting.
Alan

Lucifer

Unhappy  Posted: 05-07-2002, 02:24 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Don't know what to tell ya'. I've never worked on a Durango before.
Closed Thread