michelin mtx vs bridgestone dueler h/l alenza - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - 4X4 Talk

Closed Thread

RAMbo26

michelin mtx vs bridgestone dueler h/l alenza - Posted: 12-23-2006, 09:03 PM
City: carroll county
State: MD
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

I def. need to upgrade my tires from the wrangler hp's that came on my truck with teh 20 inch rims. I'm looking for a good all season tire thats good in almost any condition and not bad on the highway either. I've narrowed it down to the michelin mt/x and the bridgestone dueler h/l alenza and I'm leaning towards the bridgestone cuz its got better reviews from tire rack and a higher speed rating, and a lower price too. Is this a good decision?
Risen like a phoenix from the ashes (broken valvespring, dropped valve)

Red Truck Club #132
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

bevans

Posted: 12-24-2006, 11:13 PM
White J-Hawk
City: Topeka
State: KS
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

I don't have experience with the bridgestones, but I love my LTX MS. Great traction in the snow and rain and all around great dry driving.

Though they are expensive, def worth the cost. I will be buying again.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....awk/291887.jpg
WTC #13
2006 WHITE RAM 1500 4X4 QUAD CAB
HEMI
LINE-X, LINE-X X-TRA
TRUCKPARTS411.COM TUBE STEPS
CHROME DOOR HANDLE COVERS
MICHELIN LTX MS ON OEM CHROME-CLAD 20'S
INFINTY SOUND SYSTEM
MOLDED MUD FLAPS, REAR WHEEL LINERS
4 WHEEL ANTI LOCK
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Hemi_2500

Posted: 12-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Bigg Rigg
City: Carterville
State: IL
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

I have the H/L's on my truck. I have had them on for about 4,000 miles. I think they are noisy and ride a lil rough. Wet traction is alright I havnt had them in the snow yet so I dont know about that. I just wanted something cheap I could put on there til I figured if I wanted to lift or lower her.
Proud Member of the White Truck Club #77
Proud Member of the Military Truck Club #10
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 Dodge Journey Blacktop Edition
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T Hemi GONE

MI_Roadhawg

Posted: 12-26-2006, 06:33 AM
State: MI
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I have the LTX Michelin's on mine and agree a great all around tire. A bit pricey but so far well worth it. Handling was much improved over the stock tires and the ride is quiet and smooth.
A.R.E Deck Lid
BedRug liner
Flowmaster 50 Duals out
K&N Drop-in
SuperChip Tuner

"Suck'in gas and hauling a$$"

'03 Stratus R/T Coupe

powerfulhemi

Posted: 12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Gold Member
Post #5

First of all, don't believe any review that you don't get first-hand, like what's on the Tire Rack site. Second of all, I have had lots of Michelins, they're worth every penny, and for my money there is no other tire to even consider.
Closed Thread