Heater blows cold and warm air? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

MadMattress

Heater blows cold and warm air? - Posted: 10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
City: Ventura
State: CA
Post #1

Tired of talking to the service guys at the dealership, figured I would ask for help here. 03 Ram 1500 4.7L, The heater stopped working, 2 weeks later it started overheating. Took the water pump off and noticed the front cover/timing cover had corrosion and a hole in it. Replaced the cover with what dodge told me was an updated cover/water pump/thermostat assembly. Didn't do anything, had to replace the radiator. It seems to be running normal, but still cant figure out the heater problem. On the passenger side it blows warm air and on the driver side it blows cold air. I don't get it, and either does my roommate which is a mechanic. He's tried various things and still can't figure it out. Anyone have this problem or know what i can do to fix it? If this thread is in the wrong place, sorry.

One more thing, why the hell would Dodge put a plastic impeller in their water pumps???? Then update their timing cover and still use a stupid plastic impeller? Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on how to fix my Dodge!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jonny5

ditto - Posted: 11-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Post #2

I am having the same heater problem - anybody???????
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

AIR_RAM

Posted: 11-15-2006, 11:43 PM
City: Homestead Florida
State: FL
View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip
Post #3

Sounds like the coolent level is LOW... ??... Perhaps there is air in the system...when the coolent passes through the heatercore you get HEAT... when air passes through you get cold air...??

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Xjman1

Posted: 11-16-2006, 12:40 AM
City: SoCal
State: CA
Post #4

Second that, sounds like air in the system or a partially plugged heater core. By the way, I am in Oxnard, hello neighbor

darrenb

Heater Blowing Warm and Cool Air - Posted: 09-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Easy Rider
City: Thunder Bay, Ontario
State: ON
Post #5

I have the same problem with my 2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L truck. The passenger side is blowing warm air and the drivers side cool air.

Same this happened to me last winter. Local Dodge dealer changed the heater core and the blender door. I had the extended warranty but still had to pay $130 for the heater core and $100 deduction. I was pissed about the heater core because they don't normally go... Complained to the owner and received a free oil change...

I have to bring it in next Tuesday and will let you know the verdict.

One more time and I officially own a lemon...

NUTTSQUAD03

Posted: 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
City: Cleveland, OH
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

CHeck the coolant level, I had that problem on my '03 4.7 and my coolant was low. Added coolant and that fixed it.
Red Truck Club Member #152

2007 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Big Horn Edition Inferno Red
This one's gotta HEMI!!!

PROJECT BLACK OUT IN PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
17" Black Moto Metal 951
35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Ct
Pilot Baja Champions behind the grill
OEM Towing Mirrors added
Cherry Bomb Extreme single in/dual turndowns
E-bay CAI
Black toolbox in the bed
Top Gunz 2.5" Leveling Kit
Custom Painted Fuel Cover
2 10" MTX subs in Thunderform enclosure
Run with 800 watt MA Audio amp.
Debadge
15% tint up front 5% in the rear ( soon)
"Demonized" Black Stock headlights
6K HID's in the heads.

Gone but not forgotten
'03 1500 QUAD CAB 4X4 4.7 SLT
Bright White/Silver Metalic Two Tone

siiturbo

Posted: 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
City: Grapevine/Dallas
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #7

I had to replace my heater core as smoke was pouring out my vents. Ripping out the dash wasn't too bad just time consuming.
Focal Component Speakers (Front)
Infinity Kappa (Rear)
Rockford Fosgate HX2 10" Sub (FOX Box)
Boss GT1500D Amp
Side-Steps (need modified)
OEM Fog lights
NGK 6987 Sparkplugs
Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift
Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust 3"in, Dual 2.25"out
20% Tint so you can't see up in my window lol
Motive 4.56gears
Auburn LSD
Superchips

Future aspirations:
Rebuild motor nice and beefy
Add Supercharger or Turbo

darrenb

Heater problem - Posted: 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Easy Rider
City: Thunder Bay, Ontario
State: ON
Post #8

Update: Chrysler changed the second heater core within a year in my truck and flushed the coolant. Everything seem ok now....
Closed Thread