Another '99 Durango with "no bus" error. nothing has worked so far - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-20-2006, 07:18 PM
adambigge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Another '99 Durango with "no bus" error. nothing has worked so far

I have a 1999 durango slt with about 124k on it. I have a new transmission, fairly new plugs and wires, a new pcm, new crankshaft position sensor, new throttle position sensor, and new speed sensor(cause the tranny is new). My Map sensor tested out within specs, my IAC valve is dirty but still working fine, I am pretty sure my cam sensor is operating normally (getting ready to check it again). My wiring and plugs are all good. I am still getting a NO BUS error and total engine and gauge failure. Usually when it is hot outside. Takes about 15 min to get it started (which is par for the course with a no bus error). I have already invested a lot of time and frustration ( not to mention money) into fixing this prob. I have had a non dealer mechanic hook it up to a scantool but of course there are no codes. I do not want to take this thing to a dealer because I know they will charge me an arm and a leg to diagnose the problem not to mention fixing it. I also have been having intermittent problems with my cruise control bleeding off speed. Might be related. If anyone has a new angle on this prob I would be glad to hear it. Thanks in advance for any advice or input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Unnamed
Pimp On Sir Don

I'm surprised the new PCM didn't fix it. I would doubt that anything you replaced besides the PCM would cause the no bus error. When the PCM didn't fix it I would have to venture a guess that you have some bad wiring.

BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET
#3 Old 08-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Neil F.

The no bus is due to a bad connection with the PCM or the PCM itself. Since you replaced that it's not likely the problem. None of the other sensors have anything to do with that. The no bus has had a number of different causes. Did you do a search here? Also search durangoclub.com dakota-durango.com and other Durango/Dak/Dodge forums

99 Durango 5.9, FT 4x4, IP stage III w/ K&N air hat, M1, MOPAR PCM, Fastman TB, 1.7 RR, JBA headers, Borla cat back, Martin Saine valve body, Hotchkis swaybars, Blistein shocks, lowered 2" Black Rhino Kenya wheels, 246. 7 RWHP, 319 TQ
#4 Old 08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
adambigge

(Thread Starter)
Smile Problem solved

After replacing numerous sensors, an IAC valve (which sorely needed it), and a computer (ouch) I narrowed it down to the PCM plug closest to the firewall on my wiring harnes. It would be fine until the engine bay warmed up. Once that happened the rubber seals inside the socket would soften and the plug would sag, breaking the connection. I just lubed it up with dielectric grease to keep moisture out and facilitate a better connection and then I wired the plug in place with some stout stainless steel wire. Then I sealed all the plugs with some paint on rubber sealant in order to secure the remaning plugs and keep the problem plug from sagging further. Been over a week and no problems so far. WHOOHA.
#5 Old 08-28-2006, 06:25 PM
B1G BLEU
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK

That's great you fixed it, most of our problems with maintaining electronic equipment at work is caused by oxidation, nothing we use is sealed from the environment except in refrigerated areas or outdoors. I recently suggested as part of our 6 month maintenance contracts to reseat all connectors, we're there anyway.
Sounds like you have something for EBAY.

Paul
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 33K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims
Wife's Ride : 2006 Grand Caravan SXT INFERNO RED
Work Ride : 2009 Ford Edge SEL
Daughter's Ride : 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude
Son 1's Ride : 2012 Nissan Altima S Coupe
Son 2's Ride : 2006 STi Stage 2 Grandma Gray (kinda mine, too)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.