Another '99 Durango with "no bus" error. nothing has worked so far - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

adambigge

Unhappy Another '99 Durango with "no bus" error. nothing has worked so far - Posted: 08-20-2006, 06:18 PM
City: Evansville
Post #1

I have a 1999 durango slt with about 124k on it. I have a new transmission, fairly new plugs and wires, a new pcm, new crankshaft position sensor, new throttle position sensor, and new speed sensor(cause the tranny is new). My Map sensor tested out within specs, my IAC valve is dirty but still working fine, I am pretty sure my cam sensor is operating normally (getting ready to check it again). My wiring and plugs are all good. I am still getting a NO BUS error and total engine and gauge failure. Usually when it is hot outside. Takes about 15 min to get it started (which is par for the course with a no bus error). I have already invested a lot of time and frustration ( not to mention money) into fixing this prob. I have had a non dealer mechanic hook it up to a scantool but of course there are no codes. I do not want to take this thing to a dealer because I know they will charge me an arm and a leg to diagnose the problem not to mention fixing it. I also have been having intermittent problems with my cruise control bleeding off speed. Might be related. If anyone has a new angle on this prob I would be glad to hear it. Thanks in advance for any advice or input.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unnamed

Posted: 08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Pimp On Sir Don
City: Belleville
State: MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

I'm surprised the new PCM didn't fix it. I would doubt that anything you replaced besides the PCM would cause the no bus error. When the PCM didn't fix it I would have to venture a guess that you have some bad wiring.

Neil F.

Posted: 08-22-2006, 05:18 AM
City: Marlton, NJ
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

The no bus is due to a bad connection with the PCM or the PCM itself. Since you replaced that it's not likely the problem. None of the other sensors have anything to do with that. The no bus has had a number of different causes. Did you do a search here? Also search durangoclub.com dakota-durango.com and other Durango/Dak/Dodge forums
99 Durango 5.9, FT 4x4, IP stage III w/ K&N air hat, M1, MOPAR PCM, Fastman TB, 1.7 RR, JBA headers, Borla cat back, Martin Saine valve body, Hotchkis swaybars, Blistein shocks, lowered 2" Black Rhino Kenya wheels, 246. 7 RWHP, 319 TQ
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

adambigge

Smile Problem solved - Posted: 08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
City: Evansville
Post #4

After replacing numerous sensors, an IAC valve (which sorely needed it), and a computer (ouch) I narrowed it down to the PCM plug closest to the firewall on my wiring harnes. It would be fine until the engine bay warmed up. Once that happened the rubber seals inside the socket would soften and the plug would sag, breaking the connection. I just lubed it up with dielectric grease to keep moisture out and facilitate a better connection and then I wired the plug in place with some stout stainless steel wire. Then I sealed all the plugs with some paint on rubber sealant in order to secure the remaning plugs and keep the problem plug from sagging further. Been over a week and no problems so far. WHOOHA.

B1G BLEU

Posted: 08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
City: W. Hempstead
State: NY
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

That's great you fixed it, most of our problems with maintaining electronic equipment at work is caused by oxidation, nothing we use is sealed from the environment except in refrigerated areas or outdoors. I recently suggested as part of our 6 month maintenance contracts to reseat all connectors, we're there anyway.
Sounds like you have something for EBAY.
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - Bully Pedals - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 29K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims
Wife's Ride : 2006 Grand Caravan SXT INFERNO RED
Work Ride : 2009 Grand Caravan C/V STONE WHITE
Daughter's Ride : 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude
Son's Ride : no job = no car
Closed Thread