Transmission stuck in 2nd gear - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-12-2006, 07:31 PM
cbrumit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Transmission stuck in 2nd gear

Driving up the highway today I noticed the truck was not shifting into overdrive (hour into a trip). Then after slowing down the transmission shifted hard & delayed. A few miles we ended up in a back up for a few miles & the truck was stuck in second gear. Pulled over (took a few miles till I could pull over) & let the truck cool down/check the trans fluid. Everything reads ok. Drove the truck home, it shifted fine, but shifts quick instead of the soft delayed shift. Transmission light came on also.

My question is, the light is now off, and the truck is shifting fine again. Will there be a code stored, or did that go with the light? It's hard arguing with Dealers when the truck seems to be operating right.

2005 2500 Hemi 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
cbrumit

(Thread Starter)
Bad valve body

Picked the truck up tonight, the Valve Body went bad. Dealer stated that the transmission is defaulted to 2nd gear when there is a problem. Big disapointment with only 28,000 miles & my old 01 having endless transmission issues. I thought they fixed the problems??!!
#3 Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 PM
04 Silver Bulle
Lovin that CTD!!!!!

I had a similar problem, except a shifting solonoid on the valvebody went out at 15,000. Also stuck in second gear. Fixed it and no probs yet. Now I tow a boat and boy would it duck to have that happen again while towing on a camping trip!!!! Good luck with yours

2007 5.9 4x4 QC

689hp on single pump, single 64mm and 90hp stix!!!

Thanks Left Coast Diesel.

www.leftcoastdiesel.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.