'99 Caravan Alarm Goes Off For No Reason - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 07-10-2006, 03:38 PM
empty199

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
'99 Caravan Alarm Goes Off For No Reason

We have a '99 Caravan that has a factory installed alarm system. The alarm will go off quite often by itself. I have been called at work numerous times to go and shut my alarm off (what a pain). It has done it at our house a few times as well when no one is even around it. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I'd be game to totally disable it if possible. Anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2006, 10:40 PM
darcar

Check the under hood switch for alarm. Drivers side near the wiper cowl. It may not be contacting the hood right. When the hood heats up in the sun it may move away for the switch. Check in out.

Good luck, Darcar.
#3 Old 07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
menotu

Question

Hi There,

I'm having the same problem with my 98 caravan.

I haven't been using the remote to lock the car. I'll lock the car wiht the remote and then open a door with the key without unlocking all the doors and then push the lock down manually. It works well.

i'll check under the hood as the other reply said... other than that have u heard of any other fixes.

Thanks much
Closed Thread