oil pressure switch location ? 2.7 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Intrepid Talk > Dodge Intrepid 2nd Gen (98 - 04) > 2G Dodge Intrepid - General Talk

Closed Thread

mattsleeves

oil pressure switch location ? 2.7 - Posted: 05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Post #1

This is something I havent changed before. 03 Intrepid w/2.7. Any hints ?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mattsleeves

Posted: 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Post #2

I found it. It took some searching, but I found it. So to anyone else down the road that may be looking for the same:
First, make sure the engine is cool obviously & you need a special socket to take this off ($5 at your auto parts store). From under the car, it is near the passenger side front of the block. When you're under the car, look to the right of the oil pan. It should be green & there is a clip on there that Ive never dealt with before. To take it off, you will see a red tab on top of the clip. One side of the tab needs to be pinched & then it slides thru to the other side. Once you slide it over, the harness will slide right off of the oil pressure switch. Heres a hint that I learned the hard way- Once you remove the old switch, you will be bathed in oil if you are in its path. Hope that helps someone.

-Matt
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread