What Happened???? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > General Topic Forums > Motor Sports and Racing Talk > NASCAR Talk > Craftsman Truck Series Racing

Closed Thread

mopartodd

What Happened???? - Posted: 05-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Steelers Fan
City: Garner/Raleigh
State: NC
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Okay. So the season is several races old and the Dodges have not done a thing.

Who knows what it was that NASCAR did that has taken the performance out of the Dodge truck teams?
COIN HOLDERS ASSOCIATION MEMBER # 18
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TR4Petty

Posted: 05-14-2006, 11:35 AM
City: East TN
State: TN
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

In my opinion, Toyota is giving someone in Nascar a bunch of money under the table. Why else would they look the other way while Toyota dominates the sport? Whenever Dodge seemed to gain an advantage in the series (as did happen several times) the Nascar officials were tripping over each other trying to get to the rule book to make changes.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

mopartodd

Posted: 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Steelers Fan
City: Garner/Raleigh
State: NC
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Well, I certainly love to entertain the theory of NASCAR conspiracies, but it seems that it's more than just a theory. Toyota has been given a clean slate from which to develope a "racing only" motor that doesn't even have, or ever had, a stock base engine from which to claim it's legitimacy. Dodge had to run 20+ year old technology when they came back to the truck series, and like you said about what happened every time they seemed to be getting the advantage. I'm amazed they were allowed to win a championship.

You're probably right about the money thing though.

Same thing will happen in Cup as well. My thoughts are that NASCAR should just open the door to all manufacturers. Lets make it interesting with the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari, and BMW in there. They all have cars that could fit the Nascar profile if enough wiggle room is extended to them as was Toyota.

COIN HOLDERS ASSOCIATION MEMBER # 18

gsmagnum

Posted: 07-04-2006, 09:34 PM
State: MN
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Actually, nothing on the Nascar engine for Dodge since they returned to Cup is anything like an LA or a Magnum Small Block.
Thiers was a clean slate design meant to work with a large bore.
That is why Nascar limited the engine bore(I think to 4") for all makes was to take away Dodge's HP advantage on the track. This was done in either the mid '03 or '04 season and really hurt Ernie Elliott's engines for Gnassi.
Evernham didn't complain and just did what he always does......adapt. It didn't seem to affect the trucks.

It seems that Nascar has made some concessions to the domestics at this point as Chevy and Ford are running more competetive than they had.....Dodge even made it into the top ten.

I sincerely believe that Toyota and Nascar had a little talk in the summer of '05. That is when Toyota started dominating trucks. Luckily it was too late for them to steal the championship from Musgrave.

You can't tell me that guys like Johnny Benson who ran Trucks for most of it's existence isn't all of a sudden a super star driver. Alot of crappy drivers started finishing in the top ten and twenty that never had before starting last year.