How to turn off autolock?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk

Closed Thread

al5

How to turn off autolock?? - Posted: 05-11-2003, 06:58 PM
City: Halifax
State: NS
Post #1

I just bought a 97 Grand Caravan, but the owner's manual is missing.
Whenever I start driving the doors lock themselves.

The last vehicle I had (windstar) had a way to disable the autolock feature by using the ignition and some other controls in a certain, timed sequence.

Is there some way to turn off the autolock feature?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

carguy2

Posted: 05-18-2003, 02:19 AM
City: Greenville
State: NC
Post #2

You may want to check with the dealership on that. I don't think/know if there is a way to turn it off, but it sure is annoying.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

al5

Posted: 05-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Thanks CarGuy2
Good Idea.

al5

Posted: 06-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Post #4

Well, the dealer wasn't very helpfull over the phone.
I finally bought an owner's manual on ebay.
Found my answer on page 14, a very simple procedure to turn off the autolock feature.
If anyone needs to know, drop me a note.

airheademc

Posted: 11-10-2003, 03:22 PM
City: MISSISSAUGA
State: ON
Post #5

Hey, how do you turn it off? I've got a 2k2 CARAVAN and its annoying when you just want to warm up the vehicle....i have to constantly remind myself that I make sure I have the spare key with me all the time.

caravantough

Posted: 11-14-2003, 05:02 PM
State: WA
Post #6

umm, The Autolock locks when you go above 20kms er so , not when its in idle:S

al5

Thumbs up Here's what the manual says - Posted: 11-16-2003, 07:23 PM
Post #7

My Caravan is a 1997.

The owner's manual has the following method to turn off the autolock feature.

1. close all doors

2. put key in ignition and then turn the key between the OFF and ON positions for a total of 4 times ending in the OFF position. (do not start engine).

3. press the driver's side power door lock button to lock the doors.

4. you will hear a single chime when the programming is completed.

ohioboater

Procedure is the same on a 2003 - Posted: 11-19-2003, 03:03 PM
State: OH
Post #8

Just did it on my 2003 yesterday. Same sequence--close all doors. Turn key on and off 4 times without starting engine. Press drivers' side power lock switch down within 10 seconds. Hear chime as confirmation. Same procedure to re-enable.

airheademc

Posted: 12-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Post #9

Oh yes it does a minute after even its just in idle.

six pack

Posted: 12-23-2003, 06:08 PM
State: AB
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheademc
Oh yes it does a minute after even its just in idle.
Do you have some kind of aftermarket electronics installed, I have never heard of this before??
Cummins 6.7L MegaCab owner member#1.

See Pics Here!
My Challenger
My Gallery
Don't forget to nominate and vote for the vehicle of the month categories, it couldn't be any easier with the following links.Vote Here
Nominate Here

airheademc

Posted: 01-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Post #11

Well it didn't have the keyless remote when we got it. Thats all that we added.

six pack

Posted: 01-02-2004, 09:50 PM
State: AB
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #12

That makes sense then, not Original equipment.
Cummins 6.7L MegaCab owner member#1.

See Pics Here!
My Challenger
My Gallery
Don't forget to nominate and vote for the vehicle of the month categories, it couldn't be any easier with the following links.Vote Here
Nominate Here

Indiana Red

Posted: 11-08-2004, 08:45 AM
City: Boise, ID
State: ID
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by al5
My Caravan is a 1997.
The owner's manual has the following method to turn off the autolock feature.
1. close all doors
2. put key in ignition and then turn the key between the OFF and ON positions for a total of 4 times ending in the OFF position. (do not start engine).
3. press the driver's side power door lock button to lock the doors.
4. you will hear a single chime when the programming is completed.
Great! I have a '91 with this feature, (Locks at about 20mph) and will try this procedure.
Closed Thread